Game is finally unplayable

This game history is a total mess since the release. At this point with those 5-10 sec freezes I don’t see any point to play. If you’re not going to fix it just turn off servers because game is totally broken and I’m not going to delete all sound to fix it. It’s ridiculous.

11 Likes

i tried removing sound and lowering sound quality it helps only a little…not even worth playing tbh

In order to make it playable, you quite literally need to download heroes of the storm, find a file and paste it into the D2 folder, effectively overriding the D2 one with the HotS one.
The game does not freeze, but at the cost of sound. It’s pretty stupid…

3 Likes

I thought it was area damage that was causing the freezes?

I mean its 2021 this game has been out for what 9-10 years…we shouldn’t have to do these silly gimmicky work arounds in order to play a game…Blizzard is a AAA game developer like spend a tiny bit and fix your damn games instead of maybe giving 200 million to the C.E.O

5 Likes

well that’s a different kinda of lag…for that you have to remove area damage from your gear and paragon…the 5-10 seconds (sometimes more) freezes happens mainly because of 1. the sound and 2. the firebirds set

There is some new kind of lag I just started experiencing last night, where I’m not getting indication on the latency bar but the server is drastically behind the game play and I’m not doing damage to some things and dying in odd places not near a mob pack etc. I don’t know if it’s related to this or not but the game is pretty much unplayable for me atm.

Sometimes I feel like blizzard is treating D3 like an unwanted child. Many of us, paying customers, had pointed out issues/bugs from the game and most just doesnt get fixed and its been like many months/years. It just makes me feel like the D3 team just doesnt care about D3 anymore. This is why I havent been recommending D3 to friends who doesnt play it, they would just run into disappointment.

That’s happen if a game is so old. There are compatibility issues with newer Software.

The most time it wasn’t necessary to use the workaround. The incompatible Windows Update is out around a year ago.

Most Publisher doesn’t support their Games so long.

This season is plagued by lags. On console doing high GR takes 40+ minutes per run and you must almost play blindfolded, that is if we drop the 4th player. My Nintendo had complete meltdown yesterday in GR 149, stuck forever.

Most publishers don’t sell their games for so long either.
The game is still on the battle net app, ready to be purchased, so at the moment they’re selling something, that is not fit for purpose…

1 Like

I’m having similar experience over the last 3 to 4 days. I attribute this to the test servers being online. Blizz is running the Immortal alpha and I suspect that they are using the severs as the D3 PTR servers. When ever the PTR servers are online the live severs start lagging for me.

I got an increase in internet bandwidth a few weeks ago along with a new cable modem. My latency dropped to between 26 and 48. 25 mins ago, in a solo game, my latency meter showed 91 but there were 2 sec delays between button press and the spells firing. Next, I started getting rubber banding when teleporting. This was in a solo game while playing FB-6 Forked Lightning.

My lag meter yesterday, junped above 500 at random, while in a party with 2x GoD DH, zBarb, and Crusader.

I’ve lowered sound channels to 32. Turned off monster health bars. In video options I’ve turned off shadows and clutter density, checked Low FX, and set AA to 4x Low multisampling.

I-net speed tests show very good performance over the last 15 days, but latency has yet to be resolved.

1 Like

Give this a try, it worked for me.

If you still get FMOD errors after the previous changes… start the game - alt tab out - goto task manager - right click d3.exe - go to details - right click d3.exe - set affinity - CPU 0 and 1 only - close task manager - open game - good luck… been working so far…

p.s. the original FMOD.dll and sound is working (so don’t have to turn off sound etc.)