Game history wiped

I have just logged back into the game and I have no game history, characters (in fact there is a character that is not even mine) It says I only have a “STARTER EDITION” with only 4 character slots. I tried to reenter my game code and it would not allow. So what happen to my Account?

Starter Edition means you don’t have a Diablo III license on that account…
Are you sure you used the right e-mail account to log in ?

1 Like

Yes. I have been in the Hospital for the last year with major med issues and I just got back on my feet. Clicked on the game icon posted the email and changed the password and saw everything was gone.

1 Like

ok – another possibility is your account was hacked.

It goes like this:

• hacker gets into your Battle.Net account and changes the account e-mail and password;
  • hacker then creates a new Battle.Net account with your old e-mail and password.
  • when you log in with your credentials, you have a valid Battle.Net account with no license

Question: did you have a phone number on your Battle.Net account ?
If you did:

1 Like

Okay I will try that. I tried to post the games codes on the box but it will not accept the codes. As far as emails addresses go, I have a issue there, I had a TBI from an IED explosion so I am a little foggy with that. I tried the most common it it sent me a link to change my password which I did. At least I only have 2 phone numbers to try =-)

ok — sorry to hear about your accident.

As I first suggested… maybe you simply logged on with the wrong e-mail.

If you can’t figure it out, I suggest you contact Blizzard with a ticket.

Blizzard Support should be able to help you figure out the account issue… especially with the game code(s).

1 Like

That did not work…apparently I did not have a phone number attached to my account. I just added one earlier and got that verified but it is linked to this account. (ANGUS1981 ) I do remeber that was my user name so the user name is correct.

Sorry for what you are going through, I am also having this same exact issue about 12-14 months away from game my account has reverted. I double checked everything region and email (only have 1) but everything is gone. Support is currently helping me but I dont understand how this could happen in the first place.

Howdy Angus1981,

We aren’t able to assist with account issues over the forums. However I looked and wasn’t able to find any D3 purchases on this account. Based on what you described, the most likely situation is the game is on a different account using a different email login.

In this case, I recommend creating a support ticket so we can help locate the D3 account. In that ticket, please include any information you can remember such as old emails, phone numbers, order numbers or CD keys. Do not include any credit card numbers or passwords.

1 Like

i have exactly the same problem now… i played yesterday and today there are no characters on the account…

hey. the problem for me was the server… i had american there instead of europe (even when i did not change it). i hope this works for you too… :slight_smile: