Game freezes then Disconnects fron Server

I know you always seem to think it is a problem with the players machines. With so many of us getting the game freeze, Look at YOUR servers. I worked 5 days building a hardcore seasonal character, only to have it die because of Network Disconnect while in a battle. Very Frustrating. Started a replacement HC Seasonal with already saved gear, but The game is so unstable, it is not worth the risk of losing even more gear.

6 Likes

Howdy!

I understand this issue can certainly be frustrating to deal with. Please remember that the game has a lot of players and only two locations to report technical issues either by contacting us directly or posting on these forums. From a glance it can seem like a lot of people are experiencing all kinds of issues but there are a lot more players in-game not having issues. I do not see any outstanding issues with the servers around the time of your post but a lot of connection issues could cause you to become disconnected like this.

From the sound of your issue, the connection may have been lost suddenly causing what appears to be the freezing(Sudden packet loss) or the client did actually freeze(Lockup) that would also stop the connection. The goal here would be to help narrow down the issue then fix the core issue so you don’t have to worry about it coming back! I would recommend the following steps:

1. Power Cycle the home network’s modem and router following the steps Here.
  2. Once the network is back online flush the DNS cache using the commands Here.
  3. If you play on a wireless network, try switching to a wired connection to rule out an unstable WiFi connection to the router following the steps Here.

Retest!

If the issue continues try running a WinMTR for 10 minutes during the issue then post the results back here for review!

Thank you.

I have asked other people I play with if they have been experiencing “network disconnects” recently, and “Icegirl” mentioned that she had as well, but did not report the problem. I played the game again today, and the platform seems much more stable. I played 3 Neph rifts running and killing as fast as I could to stress the game, and though the game still froze twice for about 1/2 second, I was not hit with a “network disconnect”. I will still wait a while before I resume playing my replacement hardcore character, since it takes so long to make a replacement without a sufficiently high Gem of Ease (which I will work on as soon as I get this HC dude to level 70).

I just got disconnected and was shown an error code. Came back up and my character died in a Seasonal Hardcore GR. My brother had trouble getting into the seasonal character from another location right after I got disconnected. Problem is I was in a GR where I wouldn’t die unless there was an issue on your end. I know what I agreed to when I played the Season HC character, but with this and other issues stated above, I’d love to get my character or gear back.

Same thing happened to me! This complete trash and Blizzard should give our toons back! I bet it has to do with the DDOS attacks happening.

Everytime my screen freezes…

….uh-oh…

….wasted Rift key. Ugh!!!

2 Likes

Been having issues since yesterday too. All my other games work fine, internet speed been tested, no other issues on any other devices in the home either. Really frustrating.

1 Like

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling. I can’t even get past “updating the Blizzard Agent” It just hangs and does nothing. I actually had it running for two days and nothing. I can’t reinstall it.

I just opened an empowered level 24 rift for 4 million gold… connection lost the very second I opened it. Bye key and 4 million gold :frowning:

1 Like

Same thing happened to me About to finish my highest clear this season and disconnection!!! 110 empowered rift wasted 8 mins for nothing!

1 Like

Nice going blizzard . i’m not sure what our doing in the office but its not trying to fix this freeze issue in game and costing me my 3rd toon . What ever they are paying you is to much.

1 Like

Yeah, that blue response is bull. “No issues server side”?

My man, I not only work in IT so I can tell you that I’ve run the tests and my side is not only pristine, but 500mb down hardwired on a PC running 64gb of RAM whose other specs are just as hilariously overkill for this game should be able to run this game on four separate monitors without issue.

THIS IS SERVER SIDE. Stop trying to gaslight us.

1 Like

Yea definitely whole server just crashed, everyone in chat confirmed it wasn’t just me afterwards. Good stuff mates, killed my HC LoD Barb. Thanks!

The game in its current state today is a mess, DC and codes, can’t group up with people on your friends list, then the endless que for public groups. Very terrible to say the least. After all that… YES the crashing. To comment on the players or to the consumer end, we will not have it. (Yeah we got phones!) Blue writing doesn’t make it truth. WE are gamers and have excellent computers, some of us, so the it is on our side and or our computers etc is nonsense, this is a Blizzard/Diablo problem.
As a side note funny how classic WOW came out and all of a sudden things are worse for Gamers Blizzard wide, just saying.

It’s definitely them, my game keeps crashing too. Never had this problem before until this last update. I can’t even play because it crashes right away!

I am on the last one, and can’t even play because of the freezing up! It’s going to cost me not getting the rewards because I can’t even do anything due to the freezing of the game! I am at the point of not spending one more dime on Blizzard games!

Issue same here and all my friends are reporting the same issue. The game is buggy and has been for over a week now. It’s not worth playing on hardcore mode due to the lag glitches. Latency fine, network fine, comp more than fine. Issue is at the server.

You’ll be playing and then the game glitch lags on you and if you’re on hardcore it’s certain death in higher rifts.

Hey, all! I’m sorry that this was missed through the last week, and thank you for your continued reports for this. We would like to gather information and investigate what’s happening with the freezes and disconnections. There has not been any drops with Diablo III as of recently, but there may be a peering issue or other concern that we can narrow this cause down to.

It’s frustrating to run into, but the information requested and gathered is part of the process to find out where the problem is or eliminate what the problem is. Thank you all for providing what you can to helps us find a resolution sooner!

Could you provide a WinMTR test while running the game for 10-15 minutes? And if possible, let’s also grab a Looking Glass test.

I’m curious to a few things. Does this happen on a newly created character if the slots are available?

The same thing happens on my end, intermittent freezing, then crashes with codes etc. Started during the last few days out of the blue, it’s not like I’ve made any changes whatsoever and obviously have more than enough firepower to run this with 64GB ram and high end config. Will be sending test results over a support ticket soon.

My game was working well yesterday and this morning. When I grouped up with a friend this afternoon, all hell broke lose. I was freezing and getting disconnected constantly. I reset my modem and router, then uninstalled the game and reinstalled. The game is till locking up and disconnecting. I have run the “Looking Glass Test”. When I sign back into game I will run the other test.

Where do you want me to send those results?

This is one of my favorite games, and I hate that I cannot play. Please help. Thank you.