Game freezes on startup when "connecting to a blizzard server"

Hi, I just bought the Diablo III Battle chest for my friend and her laptop freezes when “connecting to a blizzard server”. We managed to get the game working by force shutting down the laptop by holding the power button, then upon restarting the laptop, doing a scan and repair. However, after a few hours of gameplay, we realized that her season journey and achievements were not showing up.

First, we tried changing regions but the season journey and achievements were still blank/missing. So, we tried deleting the cache folders but then this caused the game to freeze on “connecting to a blizzard server” again. We then tried flushing dns, running on 32bit, running as admin, and reinstalling the game and battle.net launcher but the game still freezes on “connecting to a blizzard server”. We also tried repeating what we did to get the game working the first time but it does not work anymore.

Please help.
(p.s. we are on Americas region)
(p.p.s. we are unable to end task or close the game or click on anything when the game freezes. alt-tabbing just makes the screen white)

Quick update: The game worked after using NordVPN. It also fixed the season journey and achievements issue. However, after turning off the VPN, the season journey and achievements is gone again. The game is able to connect and play now though.
We would like to find a permanent fix that doesn’t rely on VPN (if possible).

Hi:

Please try the suggestions in :

1 Like

We have tried everything on that post.

Anyways, with the VPN on, the game is working and the season journey and achievements can be seen when she plays by herself. When she joins my game, her season journey and achievements become blank/missing again, and they come back when I leave the lobby/party.