Game crashed causing deaths multiple times

5 of us have been playing HC since season dropped. All 5 of us have had the game crash randomly (frozen, cant exit, cant see game on task manager) causing a death. This has never been an issue before Season 24. Idc, i play HC and expect to die eventually. I just want to bring notice to the issue.

We all have different hardware except two of us with 2070 supers.

No error message, happened in a rift.

1 Like

Has happened to me and my friends multiple times per day. All different hardware and different countries.

Same here. Played for 20 minutes (Seasonal character - Barbarian) and I crashed 3 times. Always while fighting.

Same here, random crashes, and the usual random 5-10 sec freezes. This freeze/lag issue has been around for like 2-3 seasons now, and the only fix is from a community member that requires you to mess around with your files and play with no sounds. Where is official fix from D3 team?!?!?

1 Like

Happened again. Grift 105, started getting massive FPS drops then it froze.

2070 Super
Ryzen 7 3700
32 GB ram

Again, 3rd crash today after about 5 minutes of playing each time. No crash error box either. Just game closing without an error or anything. This is day #3 of this happening.

Just happened again, with a crash error box after, finally.
For reference: 94CEDDD0-12EE-4AC4-A18B-6F14E6CADAC7

Just crashed again. The game is 100% unplayable for me until this can get fixed.

Same here, as of this season I have the same issue, game freezes for 10-15 sec (most often inside rifts) and I end up dead. Would not be so bad if I werenā€™t on HC. I really hope to see a fix for this soon because it kind of ruins the excitement when you lose the control over your own survival.

1 Like

Adding to the list. Happened again. Tried every work around. On monk.

same thing has happening to me , it freezes up when loading into rift or game , i have tryed every fix including error scan on my pc which states everything is ok , i deleted cache and still happening , only started happening since new season patch. this is getting annoying ,

Yes this is very bad. My firend died once because of this in HC mode so that was bad. Not fun. Very sad. Multi dollar company.

1 Like

Ye iā€™ve died 2 times from this aswellā€¦ Blizz just fix your game already.

1 Like

Can confirm that this is still in the game, died on my HC char just now. My friend has thesame issue, would be nice if this could be fixed.

Bump, just tried to play with some friends, got that 10 sec freeze several times over 5 G-rifts. thankfully my friends kept me alive but it is more or less unplayable.

Screen freezes for about 10 sec, nu bug splat or error. Discord and other programs are working fine during the freeze and CPU performance seems normal. If I try to tab out during this freeze I end up with bug splat.

I really hope this gets fixed soon since my friends usually only plays for the first few weeks every season.

Can relate, my firebird wiz gets this all the time.

What i tried:

• changing audio channels to low
  • disabling sound
  • removing area damage from paragon and gear
  • tried the fmmod64ā€¦dll ā€˜fixā€™
  • updated drivers/windows
  • only assign 2 cores to the game
  • run in 32bit mode

no availā€¦

X570 Mobo, 5800x,RTX 3080, 32gb ddr3800 CL16, game running of an M2 NVME SSD

Another 10 second freeze yesterday in a GR 90, killed my 6th monk this season. Theres a freezing pop up PTR stickied in this sub that i encourage you all to partake in. I will be doing the same.

GR 90
Was using COE
Maybe its a certain set of mob affixes?

Did not do the sound trick or the core 0 / 1 trick this time, though Iā€™ve had no issues when doing the core trick (yet)

Didnt happen for a while on my monk while pushing high grifts until yesterday.

Anyone knows if this bug is still present? Havenā€™t seen any patches or such.

ā€˜Et in Arcadia egoā€™ - Almost all of my Hard Core heroes died due to the loss of connection to the server.
It looks like the fight is still on the server, but the client no longer sees it. After the interruption, upon re-entering the game, the hero is already a ghost.
Yes, I know, itā€™s only a ā€˜virtual deathā€™, but itā€™s very frustrating.

I canā€™t even properly level my SC character in season 24.
Iā€™ve experienced occasional D3 crashes before, but only maybe every other month or something, this has never been as much of an issue as it is now.
Now the game just crashes back to the desktop after a few minutes of playing, no errors, no specific areas or activities, itā€™s happened both in and out of combat, in every act.

Iā€™ve thoroughly memtested my RAM, let the Battle.net launcher check the gameā€™s file integrity (ā€œscan and repairā€ or what itā€™s called in English). Itā€™s also not a connectivity issue and none with the local security policies or the network domain either.
Iā€™ve updated the Nvidia graphics driver as itā€™s the only one that had a newer version ready for a while. Everything else is practically the same itā€™s been for years, except for the updates to Windows 10 itself.
Other games and programs run as well as expected.
Thus, Iā€™m pretty sure that itā€™s some kind of bug within D3 that causes these crashes.

1 Like