Galvanizing Ward Passive exploit

This passive works calculating shield based on snap shot current gear/paragon vitality. Meaning it can be exploited by gearing / allocating paragon points to full vitality, snap shot HP amount to generate shield and the amount remains unchanged through out GR. Changing floors does not change snap shot points. Current known snap shot point of change is remake the game. Its 100% certain this is a bug and not as intended. This passive should change to dynamic or snap shot point per GR / Rift spawn/ floor changing.

Here is a video demonstrating how the snap shot works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzGxBhu-76w&t=3s

If Rob takes this vid down, i can record my own video explaining this exploit.

If Rend breaks balance, this passive breaks balance for wizard too as a 12-20 million shield pretty much guarantees squirts up time now that known bugs penetrating various shields is fixed.

This exploit is widely known across the community, but not everybody knows. This secrete (if its secrete) has been kept long enough.

EDIT: Wizard communities are spoiled and unfair advantages has been provided far too long.

It will also be reported in bug forum

4 Likes

It would be better to fix it, but if not, that isn’t problem.

Did you try it in real GR? After while you lose the shield and new one will be from equipped gear a actual paragon points.
The real diference is only in start of GR. For me it isn’t worth it swaping gear and paragon points.

Galvanizing ward shield is (without use snap shot) many many times renovated during GR. When you have 1mil shield, than whole GR you use maybe 100-150 x 1mil. shield, maybe more.
Starting 15 mil shield is not big advatage.

I am not using snap shot shields (with Wiz and with DH with Molten) because with it I can’t do higher GR than without it and I am not faster with in speed GR. Is not worth it to use it.

1 Like

This bug must be adressed and Rend dmg tweeked down a bit.

Yes i have and replied you on another post

On a side note: I would like that Galvanizing Ward works completely differently.

Instead of instantly giving you 60% (120% with the bracers) of your maximum life when you have not taken damage for 5 seconds, it should start to replenish after you have not taken damage for 1 second, 1.5 seconds or 2 seconds and then replenish over time.

For example:
After you have not taken damage for 1.5 seconds, your energy shield replenishes itself for 20% of your maximum life per second up to a maximum of 60% of your maximum life.
(or 40% per second up to 120% with the bracers)

That way the shield could be calculated dynamically.

Oh, and it would be nice to have a visual indicator for how much Energy Shield you have, like in the RoS beta: https://imgur.com/2fHihdf

Hi Celtic08, I like the enthusiasm. However, it appears this post is a duplicate, and in the wrong section - should be in bug report. For those commenting, it would help if you put your comments with the existing bug report:

So, this video and this interaction is a chief reason why Squirt’s Necklace was such an OP addition specifically for Wizards and not other classes.

I didn’t want to link to the exploit. But this is obviously how players can get millions for their shields and not sacrifice damage. Giving them a huge advantage at the start of rifts.

When you are pushing if you use this method you will gain a shield but it never refreshes to the huge amount you accumulated during the process. After taking damage in the rift it slowly drops to the normal amount based on your current HP.

It still is a bug and hopefully gets fixed but there is no big advantage you gain from this since in a push you most likely loose the shield in 30 sec to a min.

The reason it is in multiple spots is to bring awareness to it. And to counter the agitprop campaign many in the Wiz community are engaging in. I consider you one of the good guy Wiz players FWIW.

It’s more likely to bring it to the awareness of the forum mods due to you spamming the exact same message to multiple forums.

Love the selective quote. And is not my post(s). I also don’t think the mod attention angle is going to work out the way you think it will either.

@Celtic08:
I think you should change the word “exploit” to “bug” in the title and while I didn’t know about this issue is should definitely be in the bug report forum. The size of the group of people attempting to use this bug is going to grow. I’m sure someone is going to say that abusing this bug is being promoted.

@Clueso:
I disagree with your suggested change to the passive. It could easily be fixed to adjust the shield anytime the max HP changes. The bug looks like developer oversight with the inclusion of the build storage feature. However, the paragon change affecting max HP should have been caught a while ago. However, the re-inclusion of visual shield indicator I think would be good.