G150 ceiling cap bad idea

Watch Lexyu doing 150 solo pls. He even has a keyboard cam. Wizard is doable without macro obviously.

You have a very good point here if it was unlimited how far are we going to increase our caldesanns gems. 150 upgrades takes soo much time as it is. Even if you do speeds with out dying all the way up to 150. Each gem will take about 30x 4 min 2 hours. If you guys want more then it will take even longer

No, you’re just being rude because you think you can get away with it. Grow up.

No no no

Diablo 3 GR150 Solo Barb Clear

Didn’t you read the million threads about all the issues which come with endless scaling stuff?

Edit: WTF, please stop bumping your 3 month old thread. Remove your crusader and choose a necro as your avatar.

4 Likes

Ancient1, you’re Necro skills are a feat to behold! This corpse was dead 3 months and you still managed to reanimate it!

3 Likes

This guy actually wants more Torment levels. It’s in the OP.

For some strange reason he ties that to the GR150 cap which most people will never reach.

Well you can still introduce T20 and the GR 150 can stay. They are not necessarily connected.

Can we move on?

There are several topics, but the reason is only 1: Technical problems.

All other arguments against cap removal are from players who want (irrationally) to limit dedicated players.

When the GR’s were created, a blue post clearly stated that they served to measure the player’s power, and should be purposefully endless.

Today, players are reaching this cap very easily, mainly in NS. There is no way to progress after 150 even if there is enough power, there is no way to increase the gems, there is no way to increase the candessans, there is no incentive to play.

2 Likes

instead of using one of the few top tier meta builds, why not try a different build you find fun and try to hit 150 with it? If it’s as easy as you claim, this shouldn’t prove a problem.

I like having the 150 cap because it gives me a goal to aim for.

I wouldn’t mind more torment levels though, up to the equivalent of a GR150.

??? Did you not even understand that this is a problem of lack of balance? What does blizz’s lack of competence in balancing this game have to do with the GR’s cap?

Pretend the cap is 120 then. It will be even faster for you, because I realize that you want to play and leave as soon as possible …

No, ““i like having the T16 cap because it gives me a goal to aim for””

1 Like

So what are you saying here? Since a specific build is not in current META, you won’t use it? If so, why not?

You’re talking about a lack of balance, but having a GR cap would give a point of reference for balancing.

In no way would we need a cap for balancing. Blizz itself ignores the 150 limit and balances solo according to other parameters. I don’t see any logical reason to say that a cap would be “good”, neither for balance nor for fun, this cap is of no use, we just don’t have levels above 150 due to technical problems.

1 Like

9,223,372,036,854,775,807 is the size of the 64bit if anyone wanted to know
unsigned is 18,446,744,073,709,551,615

Ten / Hundred / Thousand / Ten thousand / Hundred thousand / Million / Billion / Trillion / Quadrillion / Quintillion / Sextillion / Septillion / Octillion / Nonillion / Decillion / Undecillion / Duodecillion / Tredecillion / Quattuordecillion / Quindecillion / Sexdecillion / Septen-decillion / Octodecillion / Novemdecillion / Vigintillion / Centillion

I don’t see a reason why a GR cap is bad either. I think a cap is necessary, a point where a developer can make reference for balancing. If things keep going up indefinitely, where is the balancing taking place?

Also, you never did answer my two questions.

And how in your mind does the balance DEPEND on a cap? What are you talking about anyway? I still don’t see any logic in this reasoning.

What question?

Blizz balance the game based on GR130 and 5000 Paragon.
They also balance based on being within 10 GR levels of that.
Based on their balancing, all sets should be able to do GR120-140 with 5000 paragon. These new sets feel like they’re probably GR120 worthy with 5000 paragon, whereas the WD/Crus sets are GR140+ and the Wiz set is closer to 130.

If people can do up to 150GR great, but 150 is not the balancing cap, it’s there as a nice whole number to stop at before hitting the technical cap.
They could increase the cap slightly, but having a cap of GR158 or GR157 would seem odd.

Increasing the cap puts at risk people causing crashes and major bugs as a result of hitting the technical cap, and they don’t want that, so even creeping to GR155 would probably be too much of a risk.

Also, many people want to be able to push past T16.
It would provide a way to farm more GR keys more quickly, a better way to farm for gear, and more gold/gems when farming Vaults etc…

It also provides a higher level normal rift/bounty area to play around with different builds, so that you don’t waste GR keys, which with T16 you can’t really do beyond knowing that it’s capable of GR75.

Increasing the T cap would provide more materials from Bounties so that you wouldn’t have to do as many, or you could do more reforges for the same number of bounties…

All of these reasons for why people want to do higher than T16 are the same reasons that Blizzard don’t want to increase the Torment cap, but this is entirely separate from the Greater Rift cap.

As we get closer to D4, it is highly likely that this cap will indeed increase, and I wouldn’t be surprised to be see T24 or even T30, this is likely to be a ‘make the community happy and give them free stuff patch’ just prior to the D4 public beta or demo, to get a few more people back in to D3, in order to generate more noise for D4.

For now though, what is it that you’re not understanding about the cap and class balancing? Why are you coming across so angry about something that doesn’t matter to 99% of the player base?

This is the issue. If they bump up the Torments, you’ll see outcries for damage buffs because people can’t farm as fast as they could in T16 before the new torment release. This will lead to trivializing current difficult GR and Torment which causes outcries for new Torments… All over ‘gotta farm max Torment fast!’

This broken record has happened repeatedly and it always comes back to this…

IF they actually added new Torments, the smartest thing to do is leave drop rates and EXP as matching those in T16. Those that want to farm can stay at T16 to maximize their farming speeds, those that want the challenge could move into Torment 17-whatever.

Increasing Droprates and EXP in higher torments hasn’t solved anything. Seriously, look at the previous patch track records to see this is true.

You’re getting in to territory of “let’s cater to the whiners and not the people that have legitimate suggestions”.

I’m all for keeping it at T16, but I completely understand why in the past people have wanted to increase it, I was one of them and with good reason.

The rewards from T6 and T12 were abysmal.
However, the rewards from T16 are actually pretty good. Would it be nice to have greater rewards? sure, but is anyone really crying out for it?.. not really

I don’t think they’ll make any changes here 'till at least Season 25+, once we’re getting closer to D4, because at that point people will be more interested in D4 or POE2 or whatever, and changing the game that late in its lifecycle wouldn’t be a big deal.

Nobody is going to be complaining that GR150 is too easy because they can do run speed T28s. At the moment, there are tons of people that can do speed 120s or higher. I can do GR95 in 7 minutes on my S21 necro with the new set, which is bad, and my gems are only lvl25, with no augments etc…

So if they increase Torment to T28, that’s roughly GR115-125, people will be able to easily speed farm that if they have the right setup without any power creep, and if it’s done 6 months before D4 comes out, nobody will care anyway. It’ll just be a quicker way to get more loot and resources.

Maybe the following levels (151+ ) could give affixes to the trash or double affixes to elites.
Perhaps double rift guardian or rg with affixes.

150+ (monster will have exactly same life but extra damage and new red aura)
151 = rift guardian with affix
152 = rift guardian with affix, elites have an extra affix
153 = rift guardian with affix, elites have an extra affix, trash with affix
154 = rift guardian with 2 affixes, elites have 2 extra affixes, trash with 2 extra affixes
154 = double rift guardian with 2 affixes, elites have 2 extra affixes, trash with 2 extra affixes
155 = triple rift guardian with 2 affixes, elites have 2 extra affixes, trash with 2 extra affixes, insta die if traps of map touch you (fire, poison, traps, spikes, etc)

1 Like