Fury issues with grandfather equipped-WW Rend

Am I the only one having fury issues with the 2handed ethereal? Not sure if I am just not getting high enough to get good density, but I just keep running out of fury.

I had to switch to equipping Ambos pride in main hand and 1 handed ethereal in off hand and use Weapon Master, Superstition, and wind shear and dumped berserker rage, which is just such a huge damage loss.

But with the 2hander, wind shear and superstition I still needed reapers wraps in the cube to sustain fury. Man, I really miss the bul-kathos weapons, but switching to them sort of bypasses the entire point of the season.

Full disclosure: this is in HC so I have not pushed past GR87 yet. Running out of fury is too damn dangerous. Maybe I just need to grow a pair, I dunno.

Been using captains for wastes. No fury problems.

1 Like

It plays the same as the non season build with istvans. Gather mobs then spin. Nothing to hit just run when you fury is empty then stomp right before you engage enemies. Honestly 87 is probably too low for grandfather. You are likely one shotting everything which is why your fury is running out. Some gear/passive/paragon changes you need to make as well.

Use a hellfire for the extra passive
Rampage passive is mandatory. You are always self nerfing if you do not use it.
Wear COE. You are self nerfing by not wearing one.
Cube mantle of channeling.
Pump points in vitality until your at minimum 1 million health. You can slowly take some of that out as you get high augments and approach 4k. This will help you stay alive.

If you are one shotting or even killing stuff after a few seconds you are running to low. You need to change to a speed build. Maybe don’t even use ethereals. I don’t even use ethereals for t16 key runs anymore. Bulkathos is that much better. Also at some point you need to start fishing for good maps. You need to find the density.

3 Likes

For speeds, I just found a flying axe that has messershmits reaver and superstition on it. Then in the off-hand I’m using an ambos pride. In the cube I have n-geo, Then, to totally fix any fury issue I have I’m using captain crimson which gives 20%. Then zodiac (8) and a topaz in hat 12.5. So, even with a speed pylon with sprint and bravado I have go-juice. It isn’t always 100% but its up there. I also take any paragon points out of fury too. It has about a 10 grift boost over the BK swords for sub 3 minute speeds.

For PUSHING. Captains isn’t great unless the season theme supports it. But quality of life, every day fun, it’s amazing.

1 Like

its normal to have no fury when nothing to hit in sight :d
u only gain fury when your ww windshear keep hitting enemy
so u need to use it smartly and maybe u can combo it with another skill tat generate fury like stomp, warcry, threatening shout or other skill and passive tat generate fury
it should be easy to go above 110 with grandfather weapon actualy

1 Like

Thanks for all the tips. I switched to a captain crimson variant and it definitely got better when I moved past GR90 with better density. I am up to GR102 now in HC, and I think I can get to 110, as my stuff is not even augmented yet and I am still under 800 paragon. I think going higher may require me losing the CC set, but for now, I am happy with it.

Good deal. Speaking if HC they fixed the freezing stuff! I might rebirth me barb…

Still get some times when lag freezes screens, but if that starts to happen, I switch over to SC for a while. I have not had a screen freeze death as of yet this season. Hopefully, I did not just jinx myself.