Fun with Electrocute: Chain Lightning in Season 24!

Now that I’ve met my paragon goal for the season I’ve been messing around a bit. I was wondering how effective LoD Electrocute would be with the Wizardspike ethereal, so I decided to give it a test drive.

The high attack speed and stacking damage bonus from Wizardspike works pretty well for LoD Electrocute with Manald Heal.

The core of the build is the LoD gem, a Wizardspike ethereal, Fragment of Destiny + Shame of Delsere for big attack speed, Manald Heal + Paralysis for damage, and the Chain Lightning rune + Velvet Camaral + Myken’s Ball of Hate for MOAR LIGHTNING.

It’s actually not bad! I mean, it’s nothing compared to any of our actual builds, but it runs through T16 and GR90 pretty easily, if a bit slow. I also managed a GR110, good enough for rank 150 on the NA no-set leaderboard! Then I took it for a spin in some T16 pub rifts, got a few weird looks from all the flamey mirror guys, ballerina barbs + demon hunters, and surfer bros. Ran into a FotH crusader though, he was riding the lightning too so he was cool.

A few notes if you also want to be an Electrocute memelord:

1. The vast majority of damage in the build comes from Manald Heal, so don’t bother with Electrocute damage, Simplicity’s Strength, or Depth Diggers (I used Depth Diggers, but just as a random pair of ancient pants. Don’t be like me.).
  2. Lightning % doesn’t buff Manald Heal damage. So Blackthorne’s pants don’t do anything, and they look funny as the only green item in a LoD build. Just use any random ancient pants. You also don’t need lightning % on your amulet or bracers.
  3. Elite damage doesn’t work for Manald Heal damage either. So don’t bother with Stone of Jordan, the elite damage and lightning % are both useless.

T16

“speed” GR90 (okay, it’s not all that fast)

GR110

8 Likes

Yes, but SS heals you, and at this rate it should be a decent help, no?
Also, have you tried adding Mirror Images into the equation? I know they don’t cast Electrocute, but you can give them some other lightning skill - Arcane Orb / Spark, maybe? Assuming, of course, that Manald Heal works for their attacks.

Most wizard builds constantly generate shield to absorb damage. While the shield holds and your life is full healing from SS does nothing. Since SS damage buff doesn’t matter in this case you might as well use Gizzard instead for even more shield and its passive life regen if you really want some extra healing.

I cleared a couple 110’s using Chain Lightning without too much trouble in season 25. It’s trivial to hit the 4 FPA breakpoint, and 3 FPA is doable with some good rolls.

For anyone who doesn’t know, Manald Heal works strangely with Electrocute. When Paralysis goes off, it opens a brief window to the Manald Heal dimension, during which it is Manald Heal time and all attacks with the same spell are Manald Heal hits. Because of this, Electrocute-based Manald Heal damage scales non-linearly with your attack speed; If your speed doubles, the Paralysis window opens twice as often, and you throw twice as many lightning bolts through it, yielding ~4x DPS off of 2x IAS.

So you can guess what happens with that soul shard that raises the whole party’s attack speed and gives guaranteed critical hits when we do the one thing that Manald Heal politely asks us to do anyway.

1 Like

Very cool. Have you cleared under 5 minutes? Maybe you could put a D3planner build together and share it.