Fun non-meta builds

Hello, friends!
I guess we all have a lot of interesting stuff in our stash, but we never use it, because meta builds is too strong and better for GR pushing. And in the same time we have a lot of skills we never use, because again meta builds never use it.
Few months ago we were trying to create frenzy build, and thornzy was the best option. Right now we have special set for frenzy, and thornzy is not needed anymore. Also we got weapon throw raekor build. This is good, but still not enough. So i want to know, what fun builds do u have to chill play and a bit pushing mb. I saw few variations of LoD builds here at forums like LoD Slam or LoD lightning frenzy with Odyn as weapon. Do we have good LoN builds atm?
And for start i want to share my “projects”:

1st - Sword and Board LoD Frenzy (i call it Zealot like Diablo 2 Paladin build).
This build 100% works. Probably it needs some tweaks, but its already solid and have few variations.
I use Justice Lantern, CoE and BoM with HF amulet (SnB passive) for jewelry, Oathkeeper (IAS, LpH) + Lidless wall (%dmg, CDR, CHC), Andy Face (%dmg, IAS, CHC), Aquilla, set pants (%dmg), standart frenzy belt, Leoric’s shoulders, Ice Climbers boots, Vambracers (i guess here we have some options) and Stone gauntlets or Frostburns (depends what u need: defense or offense).
Since its CoE build, we need CDR for 32 or 48 seconds cycle (depends on gear).
I can do GR 115+ with my 2800 paragon without problem.

2nd - IK Basher.
Standard IK HotA gear with changed weapon (we need mighty weapon which let our Bash consume fury instead of generating).
Since Bash is not generator anymore, we can use ring set (focus+restrant) as option. Charge and Ancients will generate fury for Bash.
Sadly we have very few x%damage for this build, so DPS is not that high.
But the main problem of this build is fury. Ancients cant generate fury fast enough for Bash spamming. If u have idea how to fix it - pls tell me =)

3rd - LoD (LoN) 2H-Frenzy+WW (i call it Grommash build like famous orc from Warcraft)
We use big axe in our hands (Bastion), Leoric crown (i use str/CHC/LpH), stone gauntlets, zodiac ring, rest of the gear is the same as LoD Frenzy.
Since we have Zodiac procs, we can get perma-WotB (ye, 2h weapon is not so fast and we need a lot of CDR, here Leoric crown helps), then Mortic’s is good for bracer slot.
2nd option is Parthrans bracers. We can have chance to stun on weapon/gloves/belt or use charge/stomp (especially if we use LoD and BoM).
3rd option is Strongarm bracers with BoM skill for knockback effect.
Right now im not sure what option is optimal. Also dont know the potential of this build, still mixing gear to find best solution. I dont have all gear with right stats i want to test yet.
In my current version i have problems with survivability, WW consumes fury and drops Aquilla effect. I dont want to use Wind Sheer rune because of style =) (orc with lightning axe?). Probably weapon mastery passive can fix this problem.
So this build is in progress and not finished yet, but i like the idea! I will try to fix all problems)

Also i think some Cleave build variations are also possible.
And what about Stomper? I was trying MotE + BK swords, seems not the best idea… Anyone have working version?)
Seems i saw here at forum fire WW with stones falling from the skies build, cant remember all gear/skills.

Pls share your builds and ideas!

3 Likes

Well, we’ve already seen a GR150 solo from LoD HOTA.

This is LoD not LoN.
My top1 GR is done with LoD HotA as well. This is great build. But what about ring set? I know, LoD is better for most builds, but is LoN a good choice for any build nowdays?
I think, LoN can be good for generator skill builds, because we dont need zodiac for ring slot. So LoN+BoM or LoN+CoE can be an option.

With 11k paragon, I imagine a lot of LoD builds look good.

Isn’t LoD better than LoD in every way? You sacrifice one leg gem, but free up two ring slots. Plus, at least you get some damage multiplier for any legendary items you have equipped, whereas LoN only give them for ancient items.

I prefer (guess as most of us) to use ancient items for LoD/LoN builds, so ur plus is not so plus, this is basic =)
As for ring slots vs gem, i think you are right when we talk about fury-spender spell builds like HotA or WW, because we can use zodiac ring and reset cooldowns faster. But generator-spells like frenzy doesnt work with zodiac. So profit of 2 ring slots is not so high already. Usually we use CoE, BoM and Zodiac (2 equipped, 1 cubed). If zodiac is not needed, then its a gem (trapped, for example) vs ring (CoE/BoM) + ring (SoJ/Unity/Justice Lantern/something else).
I think, if we need more defense, then BoM is a must. And CoE is not so important for fun/non-push build.
SoJ/Unity/Justice Lantern - all these rings are not so good if we talk about dps. And if we have enough defense, then dps gem can be a good option (LoN build).
Everything is imho =)

Blackarrows is your man for odd LoD builds like this one. WW Quake build.

I don’t know what the latest version looks like, but mine uses LoD gem, Tribes in cube, Doombringer & EF dual-wielded. Forget the rest of the gear I’d have to check, but that’s the basic setup.

Ye, Magma build. Looks fun.