FTProtocal - Disconnections resulting in character death

Short and sweet … I literally (just now) lost my main HC Barb because the game d/c, and it could very well have been MY internet connection (I doubt it but … for argument’s sake), who had over 200 hours on him … SO frustrating, and angering.

Yup, those of us who play HC know full well, we have read the disclaimer, we get it, so I’m not going to whine about it anymore other than saying … losing my HC really sucked, and I’m sorry you lost your HC, and I’m sorry for others who have lost theirs because of a d/c …

A recommendation for Blizzard, and I really, really wish they’d consider this … PLEASE offer an offline mode, or at least consider it (or at the very least, agree that this would be a good idea, even if it’s never going to be in the game). Those of us who enjoy the danger/rush of playing HC, we fully accept the disclaimer that if we die, we die - but dying ‘unfairly’ due to a d/c … it stings.

FTProtocal,

I moved you to your own thread because the previous player had already solved their error. As earlier mentioned, we do know that it can be aggravating to lose a character when something feels out of your control. Anybody who’s played HC for an extended period of time probably has at least one story like this - I know I lost one to ISP maintenance that was unannounced. It’s rough.

That said, this isn’t the correct forum for suggestions. We aren’t developers - we are here to solve tech issues. If you find that you have regular connection errors, we can happily troubleshoot them with you, but if you just want to give feedback, you should hit the general forums.

That’s fair enough - I will post something about this in the appropriate forum. That suggestion in a way was also more or less me venting my frustration at the same time.

I do appreciate the reply, and that you (and others) most definitely relate to this frustration. I mean the obvious for all of us HC players is that we assume the risk and disclaimer, and getting d/c is part of that risk. It’s just … painful… lol