Frustrated with season so far

I have been playing this season for more than 61 hours and I am frustrated at how few good items are dropping. Only 2 primals and only a very few ancients and no good ancient set pieces. Have the mechanics changed? Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong or are the diablo gods just trying to piss me off. Because they are doing a GREAT job of that! Cheers all!

Just RNG.

1 Like

You’re missing the OP enhancements the last two seasons provided and now cannot complete the higher(est) GR in the shortest time possible so the fixed drop rate of 10 guaranteed legendary items is slightly less likely and therefore appears to be lower (because it is.)

I get 12 or so legendaries at GR 93. What is the chance that one of those is ancient? And also what are the chances that one is primal? I was under the impression that one out of about every 400 legendaries would drop as a primal. Is that accurate? Thanks for the pointers. I did realize that between soul shards and ethereals there was a lot of power in those items in the last two seasons. Thanks and cheers.

Chances for ancient are approx 1 in 10, chances for primal are approx 1 in 400. They are however simply chances and may widely vary.

1 Like

Thanks StarElven! I will just keep farming. Fun game, just frustrating sometimes. Like life!

Indeed. If you consistently run 90s which is the breakpoint for max legendaries. ie. running anything higher than 90 won’t give any more legendaries but lower than 90 gives less than the max amount. You could theoretically expect a Primal roughly every 35 runs or so, of course the chance can widely vary so it’s just an estimation. As for Ancients you can tend to expect at least 1 and possibly 2 per run.

2 Likes