From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

Thanks for the reply. Just to be clear, what I meant was that Skull Grasp read: “Increase the damage of Rend and Whirlwind by 300-400%” or have the %'s increased more to compensate for no COE

2 Likes

Same. :)I bet the possibility > 50%.

1 Like

Exactly this.

They’ll act out of irrational fear, kill Barb builds like Rend, then after patch hits and every other class makes 140 look like a joke, 5 years will go by and then they’ll add back Barb stuff. Reasoning 5 years later when Diablo IV is out:

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

12 Likes

Do you have a guess on:

How far ahead of time do they have to give the main console makers the patch for it to go through the console makers review process?

If it is 3 weeks that has implications…

1 Like

The community pulling together once again. It’s great!

1 Like

PLEASE DEVS,
DONT NERF THE REND BARB THANK YOU!!
Sincerly, a Crusader player who really wanna play the rend Barb Build!

4 Likes

I agree with that. “Spin 2 Win is too easy and powerful, nerf it! IK at 500% is too powerfull, nerf it to 100%! Mortick is too powerfull, remove it!”

Blizzard has a history of overnerfing barbarian. I don’t think they dislike us, they just, wrongly, listen too much to trolls. They’re to blame, not the trolls. I think they take our passioned response as over reaction. Thing is: we are the most passioned community in this game.

My friends, well, most of them, play the current meta class and they ask me “why you still play barb? It’s weak”

It’s like rooting for your soccer team. We are mad fer it. This passion many will not comprehend

3 Likes

No man, I don’t guess as the universe is chaotic. However, math is consistent. If you ask me 1+1=2 I can not guess this but I can know this.

If you ask me the weather tomorrow, I may not know. However, I go check meteorology news as they simulate weather patterns to give an estimation for the weather tomorrow.

Also when I eat Indian curry in the evening, I am not sure at what hour I may need to visit the potty. It depends on other conditions: did I drink coffee? or Did I sleep with my stomach exposed to cold etc. So for such things I cannot really guess. Universe is chaotic and imperfect.

So Your question is extremely unimportant considering the randomness and the complexity and yet chaotically simple universe. Guessing such things has no benefit to me or to you.

5 Likes

Please don’t nerf Monks! Oh…wait…

1 Like

You can not win against the second law of thermodynamics.

We shall see if the butterfly effect/chaos theory comes into play here.

1 Like

From what i heard i believe sVr said that they have a 48 hour turn around with consoles now. So there is still time to change the patch. I think he mentioned if we want a change to speak out.

1 Like

Do Not Nerf Rend. Balance doesn’t mean “class warfares”, make Barb player happy.

4 Likes

I am sure they will see their error and fix the lamentation belt back. May be even more buffs considering the new NS clears

1 Like

I think the non season clears are from thorns as well as bazooka which are already being nerfed. Chantodo seems to be the next highest solo build which rend would be in line with assuming the 200% buff stays.

1 Like

It’s irrelevant. Only release candidates have to go through the approval process. The demos are made with a developers kit and don’t have approval for official release.
They could have changed the build on the floor at Blizzcon if they wanted to.

1 Like

And we can’t win against absolutism. It’s a funny feature we humans tend to have in abundance.

200%?
After all this time even that’s barely enough juice.
Probably should be 300-400% to be competitive with Wiz, etc.

12 Likes

nerf bad bad nerf is bad

3 Likes

Plz Devs,

Chuck is a Sader and he is longing for the power of WW Rend. Let’s not deny any player this power.

6 Likes

Nevalistis is watching this thread for sure. I think after hearing our opinion the nerf will be reverted until the official patch notes. Don’t forget that other than classic barbarian players there are many players here like me that never played barbarian because of his supportive role so far and want to try him for a first time because of these buffs in this season. Blizzard dont pull this carpet for no reason please! Perfect balance cannot exist in arpg games anyways and diablo 3 has lost this chance long ago. At least let us enjoy it

18 Likes