From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

Please nev pass this thread on to them.
I have been playing barbs the most since D3 launch in 2012 and love the class.
Have been waiting for the day that WW barb would be great and when i tried it on PTR I was in heaven.
Please if you need to nerf the belt just do 100 to 150 or something.
Thank you

6 Likes

I’m currently pushing WW/CC on HC have cleared 115 and currently pushing 117. I can’t let ignore pain or WotB drop or it’s pretty much insta proc. You literally have to pull all/most of the mobs along the entire map all the while maintaining your CDs. The payoffs are huge when you spawn a conduit, but it’s a lot of work.

Honestly, most builds get difficult when you are pushing/fishing, they all have some quirks in what they are fishing for and pretty much everything gets tough at the top end.

The fact that you can pull mobs with WW is a huge plus when fishing cause currently it’s AD/density where you do all your damage and you can really only widdle down elites as you drag them along.

1 Like

Hell, I had better luck pulling mobs with blessed…they didn’t seem to care about WW’ing through them…they just stoped following after a few step, that’s why I used rage flip lol.

I had an amusing thing to pass onto LordFluffy.

Rend is far and away the highest damaging skill for WWRend both before and after. This means you can handle it as the only damage done.

There is only one item adding a % increase, Lament. The removal of the 200% damage increase is a 66% drop in damage. Not just for rend, but effectively, the whole build.

Well, if he thinks that is a small change, he should go out and knock a 6’ man down to 2’. That is a small change and should be no problem or cause no outcry, right?

7 Likes

I guess I was referring to the PTR WW setup, because that’s when everyone actually tried ww barb.

If you weren’t pushing, you didn’t need rage flip and you use band of might. Every 8 seconds you just use charge or stomp and you have your toughness.

Edit: Stomp would pull the mobs in as well. I use charge for speeds and stomp for pushing.

There was a tankier version, where you use BOM + either aquila or unity. On S19 I’m pretty sure people used all 3.

1 Like

I suggested the same thing on it being a console PTR bug:

When you can work in BoM into the build, it becomes a whole lot tankier and the WW/rend was less dependent on density during the PTR testing. You could actually kill elites above GR110 :slight_smile:

I was very happy with how it played on the PTR. You could go a lot higher before having to go back to grouping up mobs. Still at the top end you will need to stack things up and pull them along the map. So it kinda gets back to the same spot we are currently in with WW as it is now, even with WW/rend.

1 Like

Please rethink the nerf and atleast put a multiplier on the belt :frowning: even 50-100% would be nice ;oooo

1 Like

It does. It wasn’t a complete change in the way people played it just shifted WW up to where it should be. You’re quite right.

2 Likes

It played so nice on the PTR. I was really enjoying it. Even pushing and being able to use that stomp. It was nice.
I think that’s why so many people are upset. Like not only did they get the numbers right, they changed the rend mechanic and it just played real well and felt good.

7 Likes

@Free I notice you flagged Micro RNA for disagreeing with you, and it’s funny because whoever made the balance change agrees with him. You need to be careful flagging people for trolling, just because they disagree with you.
I know you got me suspended for disagreeing with you once.
You’re abusing your trust level 3. Prokahn has been abusing his as well. It’s not a good look for the “barb community”.

2 Likes

This is true but should have zero bearing on the nerf’s implementation.

100% agree. The design change shifting the damage to rend made the build a whole lot better to play. Should also alleviate stress on the servers. I’ve almost completely locked up the game several times while pushing this season. That’s not fun on HC :scream:

6 Likes

If one is going to misrepresent, embelish, and even out right lie, then you should expect to be flagged

13 Likes

150% will be optimal :wink:

1 Like

I have numbers to prove that there was no need to nerf at all. Believe in the 200% <3

4 Likes

We will believe. :grinning:

1 Like

200% it is then. Sold to the big hairy gent standing in the back row. Uh he is standing right?

2 Likes

I’ve been called a gorilla a time or two… lmao.
I actually am standing!

Isn’t it By Three We Come? Let’s go for 300% :rofl:

2 Likes