From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

He is joking. I think.

How does witching hour work then? Real question, not being sarcastic.

Ok guys. I am out of meme ideas finally :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Its only critical hit damage increase not a flat rend damage multiplicative increase like the lamentation belt was.

Not even sure if Rend can crit…

Rend does not crit but it damage does scale from crit damage and crit chance.

It can’t. Not when applied with whirlwind.

Nope but it benefits from the critical chance and critical damage I think.
And for Lamentation, it is a huge nerf: you lose 200% more damage on your first Rend, and you lose 200% more damage on the second Rend you apply on your target, that’s 400% total damage.
That’s not something you can get anywhere else.

1 Like

Indeed CHC and CHD is a direct up for rend damage it’s like AS for necro it up the mage damage not their AS

One my favorite Maiden tunes of all time…still holds up after nearly 40 years!!

Dust (Devils) in the (Whirl)wind…

all we have is dust(devils) in the (whirl)wind…

2 Likes

There any baileys in that coffee?

Last time I checked, if something was broken, it did not work at all.
Appreciation of anything seems to be limited to the ability of the person to understand what crap truly is.
‘Could work better’ perhaps, but broken, no.

My air conditioning is broken on my car but it still runs. You see how that works? Things can be partially broken. I broke the handle off my coffee mug but it still holds coffee and I hate to get rid of it.

The ptr lamentation belt did not allow rend to be applied twice

Good point - I suppose broken does depend on the ability of something to be fixed - or not.

I can confirm. They are polishing the patch notes and blog so now we just have to wait.

Yes it did. That affix has been on that belt for quite some time.

2 Likes

Yes it did. The 200% multiplier was in addition to the double stack.

Without an additional multiplier, Rend is going to take a huge nerf.

8 Likes

U[quote=“Basshead-11137, post:1051, topic:5766, full:true”]
Its only critical hit damage increase not a flat rend damage multiplicative increase like the lamentation belt was.
[/quote]

Ah yes, thank you. I’m on vacation right now and don’t have my computer in front of me - 50% crit dmg vs 50% increase in damage was a brain fart on my part, my bad. Though I still stand by it not being a direct 7 gr nerf. It’s a big nerf sure, but none of the math took into effect how lamentation without the damage modifier may or may not be useful (we don’t know since nobody can test it yet - for all we know there is an internal cool down on the belt) and witching hour will still add damage that the calculations didn’t account for and the direct base damage modifier crit damage gives to rend may still end up being BiS.

18 Likes