Friend Finder, Missing Connections for d2 (201PC)

I would like to suggest this game have a missing connections thing like wow classic did. 19/20 years ago this game was my life. We played it in internet cafes obsessively. I’ve lost touch with all those people, I don’t even remember last names, but I just know they are excited for this game.

If anyone is reading this and was really into d2 in 2001-2003 and played at the 201PC back then, and you want to catch up and play again, let me know. I’ve been waiting almost 20 years to come home to this game, I am so excited.

1 Like

I started at the age of ~7 around 2003, so I doubt we really met. But I’d be glad to have another friend to play with. I’ve played about 17ish years now.

Also that would be a great idea!

i see absolutly no privacy violations with this ideas at all
/s

If you want to add me, im FrostyFeet#1144289. I’m going to play almost nonstop at launch.

It wasn’t a problem to do it for classic wow, clearly it wasn’t a violation then. If you don’t want to find people you played with 20 years ago, don’t use it… or just be a stick in the mud.

Still it might be a better idea to create a community in D2R (hopefully there will be communities similar to D3) and just post the community name here and then communicate inside said community.

Until then this thread ofc suffices as a placeholder (or as a fallback in case there is no way to create a community in D2R).

I do not really know what 201PC is. But since you are saying it was an internet cafe, i would expect it to be in a certain city or at least country. Wouldnt it be smart to add that information?

1 Like

Any idea if D2R is going to have the old style bnet chatrooms? I loved those.

Anyone who knows 201 will know where I am talking about, but it’s so. cal.

this is a very cool idea

I don’t know if they have specifically addressed it, but the deep dive video around 28 minutes talks about a few things but doesn’t mention it specifically but it also doesn’t come up as something cut. There was an image floating around of the D2R lobby and it had a spot on the bottom for a row of characters and left and right directionals to scroll through, and the gem is activated.

I might have missed some news on it but I believe it’s too iconic to remove.

1 Like

Found this quote on a random site, I knew I heard something about it but can’t find a video.

Battle.net chat lobbies: “You can totally go into a lobby and do your chat and see your avatars along the bottom just the way it used to be,” Gallerani said.