Frenzy Barb Feedback

well well
it would in consequence mean that there is no zdps barb anymore
allready now its obvious that at least 2 pieces of H90 will be incorparated in zdps barbs.
but i see more of potential for either
RGK/supp barb hybrid
or the vanishing of the zdps barb overall
and keep in mind taht the devs stated in a blue post that the existence of the typical zdps chars was never intendended by them

What? It’s like 8 GRs behind WW/rend.

Maybe you are doing something wrong with WW/rend cause on par they are not.

2 Likes

One Solution could be also reworked Secheron Bracers.
If we there add something like
“Frenzy duration is doubled or
and gain CDR for each stack of Frenzy”
So taht we can keep up WotB
or gain CC immunity in any other way

1 Like

Nice. I like the idea of adding something to bracers for defensive measures.

They are so bad that they need a complete rework anyway.

WhirlRend deals ~90M% WD per second and Frenzy deals a little over 20M% WD per hit. They have similar size in area they hit and such. So they are within each other.

I just feel Frenzy can’t apply the damage effectively.

I think it was just very misleading to say H90 frenzy is on par with WW/rend. If we are going to give feed back it’s needs to be considering effective damage. The damage difference is quite significant as it plays out in GR pushing where Frenzy is pretty far behind WW. I just don’t see how you can claim on par when there is clearly a large gap between the two.

2 Likes

The 2 piece seems like something they tossed in because they had no good ideas.

“2-Piece Bonus: Double the effectiveness of all Shouts. Feared Enemies take double damage.”

Shouts are easy to reapply, doubling the duration is pointless. And sure, lets make fear a main priority of a build designed to get in their face to kill them. I love chasing guys around randomly to kill them… NOT. The fear thing completely stops me from willingly playing this set outside of testing.

“4-Piece Bonus: Each stack of Frenzy reduces damage taken by 5%.”

Is this set ability actually working? I wonder because I am super squishy playing this set. Also, frenzy buffs are so short lived that they fall of constantly, so even if this set ability is working it’s still super bad without a significant increase in the frenzy buffs duration

Playing a basic attack monk is significantly stronger than this build, by leaps and bounds.

I agree with virtually all the posts here on the frenzy barb. It suffers when frenzy stacks are not max’d at 10, fear does not seem to really work. What I am having a hard time with is the game play - hard to constantly keep hitting frenzy as opposed to a channeling skill like WW. For a player like me, I will stick to WW for ease of play. What I was really HOPING for was an end game build to replace either the Wizard or Crusader - either a mob (trash) killer or a Rift Guardian Killer (RGK). Also, it seems strange to add a barb set now after huge buff on WW on S19, while DH is ignored (note - I play barb class mostly). Just seems strange to me.

1 Like

before the ptr i had high hopes that you can throw reichels and pandemonium into the build. sadly it`s absolutly not working.

my suggestion for the next ptr patch:

• 4p: Each stack of Frenzy reduces damage taken by 8%
    Double the duration of Frenzy Stacks
  • 6p: YOU deal 1250% increased damage per Frenzy stack.
    “Each attack reduces the CD of WotB by xyz” or something like this.
    (It`s okay if you have to work for the 100% uptime)

Well I discocered I needed new weapons, as they were from pre Ambo, only ran that on PTR. And that was the thing. Removing and optimizing WhirlRend gave it some advantages, and it became significantly better. Yet Frenzy is not optimized, I have no extra AD for instance and it seems to raise the build just as well as it used to before the set. But I can’t afford to switch the defensive affixes for it to see how far it will take it because I wouldn’t be able to properly apply it.

So I feel the damage and potential is there, just can’t harvest it due to limitations.

Hey everyone.

Stopping by to ask that you record your clears and submit them to the Focused Feedback Thread.

Even if you don’t record a video, you can still submit your test results. Every little bit helps!

3 Likes

i like the idea of the focused feedback thread but the clears don`t rly matter cause blizz knows them. i would rly appreciate if we can make it happen to get ONE thread where we focus on what needs to be improved.

That’s the thread I linked. That’s the Focused Feedback thread.

The clears matter because of the permutations within the build. In addition, the videos are extremely helpful, because it allows the developers to see the rift conditions in which the clear was obtained.

2 Likes

Will do, and have video - simply haven’t had the time yet

1 Like

I have done runs on both normal and season to get an idea on how things would go.

As many have said, the fear mechanic is better ignored and does not work on bosses. I makes for a pretty bland experience. Keep buffs up and pound enemies into the group.

However, this is exactly how IK/HotA plays. Only HotA doesnt cause issues with enemies running away and you are not as easily kills. It plays better and is not as frustrating when something outside your control kills you.

Both the HotA build and H90 require specific items. However, H90 requires more specific items and, as I found out in season, they are pretty mediocre for leveling. I got Bastion early on, but it did not help as much as HotA’s items do. HotA items can be obtained by using weekly challenges if you are lucky. With just the bracers and hammer, you can do T6 to level. Even with Bastion, and later, Undisputed Champion, I could only level at T1. HotA’s items have huge damage bonuses on them.

Some of my disappointment is that I had hoped it would support all primary attacks. I had hoped that it would support them interacting with each other. I figured out a way to get primary attacks to fully support IK a long time ago. I wish I could say that it works great, but it suffers from the supporting items being too weak. Even now it does not work.

The actual set is pretty boring. And to show how I did it, with IK, in two different ways, here is the video. One does Frenzy/Bash and the other does Bash/Cleave.

https://youtu.be/GWPpT9VZVGw

Why not add Overpower or Revenge into the set… somehow.

Yes, H90 is a set of generators, so it must support ALL primaries and not just Frenzy.

Some people were talking about that before any information about the sets was released.

Most of ideas were to have it act as stacks and fear are acting now.

Overpower was the primary one because of how its mechanics worked. It would have been interesting to use it in the middle of a large pack.

remove fear from the 2 piece. replace it with: Increase healing from revenge to 15% and increase it’s recharge rate to 30% and charges increased by 2. allowing for 5 if runed.

that or add something that beefs rend. then i can relive my old frenzy/rend build…before they killed rend.