Freezing / Hangup Issues

I guess with the forums moving to this new place my post got abandoned.

Let me know if you need anything else from me or if it’s a lost cause.

Hey FouFromage,

Sorry about that. I took a look and the big problem I noticed is some high latency spikes between the computer and the ISP:
10.0.0.1 - 1 | 793 | 788 | 1 | 13 | 410 | 24 |
96.120.96.57 - 1 | 790 | 785 | 8 | 19 | 4769 | 29 |

If you are already hardwired and getting 410ms latency spikes to the modem, my guess is that there may be a hardware problem or a setting in the modem that is throttling the D3 data such as Quality of Service settings.

I also noticed a lot of WUDFHostProblem errors which could indicate a problem with the drivers in the computer. The error is calling out USB\VID_0951 which is for your HyperX headset so you may want to check for driver updates for that device and run a System File Checker.

Other than that, try testing another network like a mobile hotspot to see if there’s any difference.

Have you checked your computer for possible malware using Malwarebytes? You might also do a continuous ping stream to Google to see if you’re dropping any packets, this would indicate a network issue. To do a continuous ping stream open a command prompt and type in ping w w w.google.c o m -t
with no spaces between the w’s and the c o m

@Aruul

Just so you know, you can post links by enclosing them with grave accents.

The syntax would look like this: `www.google.com`

And it would appear in your post like this: www.google.com

Well, I’ve completely wiped my computer (both hard drives) and resinstalled Windows 10 fresh. New clean install of Diablo 3 (no other games installed). Disabled all overlays, made sure GTX drivers are latest, Windows is at latest build and update.
Modem reset. Hardwired with a different cable direct into the modem.
Still seeing issues in Diablo 3.
It’s random. One night I got an hour in before any troubles (locked up on a rift guardian spawn). Tonight I got 10 minutes in (locked up for 10 seconds while running across a bridge in Act I bounties.

I’m looking at a ping feed from the CMD to ~www.google.com~ but I’m noting seeing anything outside of the 20ms range and it’s been running for a while. Like I said above, sometimes Diablo is perfectly fine for over an hour, other times it’s not.

Could it be my ethernet port on my computer or possibly my SSD? I’m doubting it’s the latter as my computer works just fine outside of this game and Sea of Thieves (that I’ve seen).

I may try lugging my rig to a friends house to see if it acts up on their modem/network.

Added information
We have an Xbox One X, an Xbox One, PS4, Switch, 2 TVs and a slew of Google mini’s/home on the network + phones. Nothing else ever has network issues. My wife will be playing Overwatch on the Xbox One X while I’m in Diablo. My game locks up, I look over and her game is running smooth as butter.

Hey FouFromage,

The ping test to Google won’t show much as that test takes a different route, and may be treated differently than actual game data.

Let’s run another MTR test and paste the results here. Also grab the DxDiag so we can take a closer look at your system:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Paste the DxDiag into a new post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the (</>) button. That’ll make the information much more readable.

I got App Hangup messages and for me. It loads to the camp , no character, nothing loads . frozen. night before was laggy. slow at times and not very fluid moving like usual.

Start a new topic and provide details of your system configuration.

To create your DxDiag, do this: