Freeze, disconnect, etc

I have had this problem of freeze, disconnect, etc. since April, 2021, and things are not getting any better after 2 months. When a freeze occurs, sometimes the game returns to where it was after several seconds with a stutter which can only be cured by returning to the base camp and return. In Dec. 2020, I purchased a new computer (iMac 3.8 GHz Intel i7, AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT, 16 GB RAM) which I consider well above average. Before the purchase I played Diablo 3 for many years with a similar unit without a similar problem. So I am assuming this problem is caused by the Blizzard system rather than me. I have cleaned up my DNS as in us.battle.net/support/en/article/82450, consulted with Apple senior advisors and my antivirus software company. They helped me yet the problem persists. I suspect most every user of Diablo 3 is happy, looking at the Forums, but for example, I had to restart my game from the last check point twice, and when a freeze happened for the third time, I got disgusted and quit the game. I do not like to use any cure suggested in the forums, and am patiently waiting for a fix byBlizzard. Any fix coming?

Hey there!

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us regarding those persistent disconnects and delays you’ve encountered. We aren’t aware of any server-side issues that would cause this, and since the problem has persisted across two separate computers, there is a good chance that the problem you’re facing is network-related. Can you temporarily test an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot or VPN? This will help us quickly determine whether the issues are network-related.

If the issue is resolved when using an alternate network, at that point we can be sure that the issue is isolated to the primary network. In these situations, ultimately we can only recommend contacting the Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance determining what is causing the issue to occur on that specific network. They might need to adjust network-level security/firewall settings or temporarily replace the network devices in your home to narrow it down further. I always recommend requesting to be forwarded to a “level 2 or level 3 technician” when contacting the ISP since the front-line representatives typically only have access to basic diagnostics and troubleshooting tools.

I hope this helps, let us know how it goes! Cheers.

4 posts were split to a new topic: GrumpyKitten 1016 errors and disconnections

Same issue keeps freezing for me and 3 of my friends makes the game unplayable when trying to gr push

You’re not alone. I’ve logged a ticket as I’ve had enough of intermittent high latency spikes throughout the game and at times a total disconnection from the server (and getting kicked out in a middle of progressing through bounties or rifts). Until Blizzard admit this issue, they are going to keep blaming it on the client’s device, internet connection, etc.

I’m getting disconnects as well… usually, an hour or so into gameplay, it just says disconnected and leaves me at my user name and email login.

I researched why would games disconnect and there was some pointing at network quality etc.

So I went out and bought a new router and modem. I was using a the standard Spectrum equipment and now have a 3.1 router and wifi 6 modem for gaming with a new network today. Not one hour in I was disconnected again…

Please help.

PS: It is not happening to me on any other games with Steam. Just D3…