Frag of Destruction in Leoric's + Pox Faulds = overpowered

Using Frag of Dest socketed in Leoric’s Crown w/Pox Faulds. Tested Wiz, DH, Crusader so far. no other shared items, no leg gems employed, low pgons. I can walk through elite packs and explode them all without taking a single shot at level 40… even up to Torment 1. Once I’m at Torment 2 I have to start taking shots but I bounce up to 70 super quick. Seems excessive?

Leoric’s should not affect legendary gems. Season theme gems are legendary gems. You should get the same result with another head. If not this is a bug.

1 Like

Leoric’s Crown doubles the effectiveness of non-legendary gems.
The crown does not affect soul shards because…

1. Soul shards are not gems
  2. Soul shards are legendary

Well, the PTR has buffs active…

1. 2000% legendary drop rate
  2. Double blood shards
  3. 300% bonus XP

So, of course levelling is quick, you’re earning four times as much XP as you would on live.

1 Like

I feel like I’m missing something here.

The only damage Destruction should even be doing is auto killing marked enemies at 10% with one of the tier 3 upgrades. That means Pox Faulds is doing 90% of the work.

Either the story is missing an element or it’s clearly bugged.

I think it’s bugged. Pox Faulds shouldn’t be killing Torment-level elites when I’m below 70, even with the Destruction multipliers at Tier 3. I don’t know why it’s killing enemies well above 10%.

My comment about getting to 70 quick was an attempt to explain why I didn’t test more. I mention Leoric because it’s the only other common item I was using across the chars.

Pox + the shard is more then enough to 1 shot enemies in T1.

Pox Faulds are even “op” without the new legendary gem, simply because of how it works.

Pretty much anything with a damage multiplier% is “op” in low Torments, hence you’re able to do a GR20 without a set.
I sometimes don’t understand why people go out of their way to complain about things being “easy” or “too op when” if it’s been that way for at least a season or two.

Azurewrath is a perfect example, it’s a fairly strong wepon due to the legendary affix.
When I ran around with one, socketed it with a Rank 25 Gem of Ease, on my level 1 character it wrecked everything on Normal difficulty. I wonder why.

Plus Pox Faulds, as well as any other legendary item that deals “x% weapon damage as y damage type” can be considered “op” if you know what you’re doing. That is called “game mechanics.”
If you have, lets say… 2,000,000 damage on your sheet, or rather your weapon has a damage of 2370, multiply it by the “x% weapon damage” and you know why it’s so strong.

Heck, even an otherwise undergeard character can obliterate up to T6 if you equip a wepon that’s socketed with a Gem of Ease, mainly because of how level scaling works. Low world scaling, for example Torment 6(20) is way easier than Torment 6(70).

That’s just how it works.

Oneshotting enemies in T1 is nothing to be excited about.
If Pox Faulds would oneshot T16 enemies on its own just with the shard, then you should worry about balancing.
Or if you walk through a GR150 with nothing but a primal weapon, Pox Faulds and the shard and oneshot everything.
^
this is where you should worry and demand a nerf.

1 Like

No, this is when you keep it to yourself and smile when no one else figures it out.

1 Like

Or that because screw meta builds xD