Forum posting problem

I know this isn’t really a Tech support question, but can’t see how to ask directly for Forum support - and maybe someone knows why it’s happening. I can only create or reply to posts in a few categories (7 in all)- can’t post in general discussion, none of the gameplay forums, none of the classes except Necro (which is a pity as I’m not playing Necro at the mo).

Anyone got any experience of what’s causing this?

Is there a different forums for your region?

Thats all I got

well, I play on NA server which is why I’d like to use the NA forums… but dunno of there’s some registration wierdness going on.

Hi,

If you only have a console license for Diablo III, then that is normal… unfortunately.

You need a valid PC (Windows or Mac) D3 license to post on most categories.

1 Like

Well, that explains it! Thanks, a bit sad as would have at least wanted to access general discussion and the class categories. Any idea what the thinking is in terms of having different access dependent on whether you bought a PC version of the game or a console version? Seems weird.

Hi:

Yeah…there was a flurry of activity on that topic in August 2020… and Blizzard had provided this (and only) reply:

From what I can read on the Diablo II: Resurrected forums, the « issue » (for lack of a better word) also exists there; there are a few forums where console players can post and these are all on the America region. So I guess Blizzard hasn’t found “a better way at doing this in the future with the forums”. :frowning:

Best of luck in your games !

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I managed to raise a ticket in the end and got the same reply from Blizzard. Essentially only the “console discussion” should be open to console users - so I’m actually privileged to be able to post here in the tech support forum ;-). What’s weird is that when I set up the account I was able to link in my playstation network a/c which you’d think would provide exactly the verification they’d need… but who knows… clearly not something they’re planning to fix…

1 Like