Forcing people to play your way

Would you care to repeat any of these “understandable arguments” that you just mentioned?

Or do you also shy away from an honest discussion as your friends from the anti-ploot crowd?

I sincerly doubt that. Just look at virtually any anti-ploot post.

Just a hint: “casual”, “leecher”, “go back to d3” are also insults.

3 Likes

This is his punchline, you need to browse the threads and quote the arguments to him, because he has just ignored them himself, this has been his basic “counter-argument” for a week now.

If you give him an argument now, hes gonna be here 10 minutes later asking “what argument i havent seen any, can you quote please?”

1 Like

It would effect a FFAer in this case. Considering that D2R is now global, what is the odd that there is only 1 game in the whole world using a specific loot system? Are the odds more or less than 1 in 1,000,000,000,000 for the next 2 years?

2 Likes

Dis you honest sir? :rofl:

Yes you may have both options to choose from but only one may be used in specific circumstances. Those circumstances are not only the players preference in loot allocation but also what the player wants to achieve in the game. Obtaining loot is usually high up in the priority list.

more like 10000000000000000/10000000000000000. But the fact you even gave it a CHANCE already tells that it in fact effects people. So again, where is the “it has 0 effect on anyone”

And i still have alot of these “straws” left

a FFA player would find something else to do or join the ploot game if ploot didn’t exist there would be 0 games to join so this just gives them 1 more option but they can ignore it and do solo farming which would be more rewarding to a ffa player anyway.

if there was a FFA game and non on ploot than a plooter would either find something else to do or join the ffa game just like a person playing mostly private could do now.

basically if anything it’s a positive “change” because it gives the ffa player 1 extra option and changes nothing for the ploot person.

2 Likes

That is with the assumption that no plooter would ever play MP public games if ploot didnt exist, which is false.

how so? all it assumes is it is unlikely someone wanting ploot would create a public game in ffa for the purpose of farming loot.

2 Likes

If your scenario were to happen with a 2 loot system, the odds are actually higher that no public games would exist at all if there was only one loot system. I think that you just proved that two loot systems are better than one to keep the playerbase and even have an option of playing public multiplayer whatsoever.

2 Likes

In that case i suggest solo MF.

Great! I don’t need the option for ploot then.

If your priority is maximizing your loot, then yes.
But if your priority is one of the things we listed before, then ploot is your choice.
And there are also priorities that incentivice FFA.

Hence, we would like to see that option.

Claiming that we have priorities which we do not hold, does not make a strong argument for your case.

And frankly, you have been with the argument for long enough to have had plenty of chances to read it already. Please be more honest in the discussion.
I am also not arguing as if you would not like FFA. I know you like FFA, because you said it. I am basing my argument on what your position is. I am not placing you somewhere else and then win the battle there.

1 Like

this is the problem entirely with your argument though just because YOU dont need/want something doesn’t mean it shouldn’t exist for others who do need/want it. I don’t need limited mobility parking or ramps on buildings/sidewalks but i do think they should exist…

5 Likes

I am fine with options that are not superior over others regardless of what the player wants to do.

If you dont see the fallacy in your logic then you dont see it, i have no energy (really) to explain any further.

Same as dave (if i understood you correctly) it is only true if no plooter or no ffaer would ever play anything else but their favorite loot system. Which isnt true, since many of you plooters have admitted to playing D2 before and in public games? Which means you have played FFA in public runs and therefore it proves my “assumption” cough fact cough that Only having FFA wouldnt somehow magically reduce amount of games available, Ploot aint gonna double the playerbase or the public games available in TOTAL, if it did id be blizzards biggest play considering game sales and would been done already.

In english: If there is a FFA tombrun with 4 players 3 plooters could easily join it to save themselves time leveling instead of playing private game.

If they are superior, they are not options.
The point is that they are economical and balance-wise neutral in comparison to FFA. And far superior when it comes to certain segments of the community.

They might be inferior to other (e.g. you), but as long as the superior/inferior community split is sizeable enough, there is a good reason to give these options. (e.g. colorblind mode is reasonable at ~<10%, ploot is somewhere between 40% and 60%)

ploot is for wieners who can’t share - MY DROPS MY DROPS DONT TOUCH MY DROPS BLIZZARD HIDE MY DROPS FROM THEM

Not happening :slight_smile:

Maybe after 20 years you’ll learn to share and become comfortable with the fully superior FFA loot setup that defines D2. Judging by your posts … probably not.

1 Like

Have you ever had a problem in D2/D2:LoD finding a multiplayer Battlenet game recently? D2/D2:LoD is spit into 4 regions and has a diminished playerbase due to being 20 years old and competition from mods.

2 Likes

I am sorry but posting your list of pro / con arguments is ok and bringing up a point where ploot might replace FFA is not ok?