For those that love obtaining perfection r.e. ladder items

I’m in the same boat. I was totally not expecting it to be a thing for non-ladder multiplayer. Single player I was expecting. I’m also excited with the cow king not being a problem anymore.

6 Likes

i’m not interested in race to 99, my highter character was lvl 97 hammerdin once that i leveled from 8x to 97 with MF runs.

my objetive it’s items and farming to trade or do giveaways or do PvP tournaments with prices that i farmed or traded.

however moving ladder things to non ladder, devalue my objetctives, what’s the point to play ladder if i don’t care about level 99?

start all from fresh start?? yeah it’s nice but… something else? will be easier to trade, but… with the people split in 4 game modes instead of 2 will do more damage than expected.

the game will feel empty and people will stop playing because “posible bots” will rule all modes.

that’s the worst move they can do, ladder items to non ladder in multiplayer.
they literaly shoot themselfves.

3 Likes

It does devalue ladder a bit. But the point of ladder is that race. The move also makes the change of ladder seasons to 3 months more logical.

I don’t think I can convince you that it’s a good move because you’re right, it does devalue the purpose of ladder.

Since you don’t care for the race, it sounds like you should simply only play non-ladder. No harm in that right? There will be plenty of people like you. Ladder will be simply that race to 99 for leaderboards, it will no longer be the mode that you farm ladder only items in to bring to non ladder. I’m fine with that.

Once you’re done with the race aspect, you can continue playing there or go back to your characters in non ladder.

2 Likes

Are ubers going NL too?

1 Like

Color me blind but where does it say killing cow king isn’t a problem anymore?

you play ladder to be the best on a leaderboard ^^

no harm?? really you said that?

tell me the same after one seasson in no ladder when all items are worth 1 ral rune even the most rare.

i can see you never played this game before so even if you being polite it’s better that you don’t say things that you don’t know, you will confuse the people.

P.D–> i always played ladder seassons

Goal is to have 1 of each class eventually 99 NL for the PVP.

I’ll ladder and race because thatll make mfing that much more fun. I like a fresh economy as well.

1 Like

personally Ladder is the fresh start.
this is worth it all in my opinion.
i’ll keep playing ladder even simply for that.
though , as we have currently no news on the matter , i’ll also play ladder for the increased difficulty (i hope it is added to NL nonetheless , i don’t see the reason for this difference in difficulty)

1 Like

Should be. But I don’t recall ubers being exclusive to ladder.

Why do you think all items will be worth 1 Ral rune in non-season after Season 1?

It isn’t like that today.

Not sure I understand what you’re saying.

In non-ladder today, items still have value, and its been 20+ years of non-ladder farming.

My biggest concern with non ladder in ladder is there is no item resets anymore, after a year or two everything will have been found and everything but perfects are going to be just tossed out.

I see this as an awesome change short term but long term it kills the economy below perfects.

But that seems to be what they want… a good time short-term.

Maybe a bit of perspective is warranted here.

Rare items in D2:LOD are really hard to find. I played the game for a really long time after it was first launched (when it was all about finding rare Barb WW spears because there were no unique or set items that weren’t normal), through to LOD looking for ethereal Shaftstops, Tal’s set, SOJs, etc. etc., through to HRs to make runewords.

HRs are incredibly difficult to find. I saw a post recently of some guy farming Meph single player, and he found 2 chams in 10k runs. And this was single player, where he was using map hack.

The ONLY thing that can cause all rare items/HRs to become effectively worthless in a very short period of time is botting and duping. If they can’t control the bots and dupes, then everything will become worthless very quickly. If they CAN control the bots, the economy will be pretty good for years. Certainly until D4 comes in out 2023 :slight_smile:

Yes my friend, when the season ends in d2 you cant keep on farming for your perfect ladder only runewords, what you do is start the next ladder to keep working to get them and that is what keep many people in the ladder resets playerbase. Making ladder only runewords available in nl, weakens the most important feature to keep the game alive in the long term, wich are ladder resets being more populated than nl. Im sure you will not notice the difference, as claiming this to be a good thing just shows your weak knowledge of the game, as im also sure you also dont care if the game gets harmed by this change, because you wont stay playing it for more than a couple seasons.

1 Like

Well with a few 99s under my belt and 8 accounts going at one time I’m pretty aware of item rates… it will get bad, there is no improving without an item sink… a bad stretch of bots would obliterate trading in a very short period of time if nothing ever leaves the economy. I would say thats worst case but like Thanos it’s inevitable.

But it’s true today. The non ladder has existed for 20 years. People have everything and non ladder is still played.

I can’t take your post seriously when it’s just flaming and making assumptions about my intentions and dedication to the game. I don’t know you and you don’t know me so I can’t respond to that.

We now have ladder items in non ladder, so here we are. Your opinion seems to be the minority and Blizzard choose to give us ladder items in non ladder.

True but a good swath of items came from season dumps and got the commerce moving a bit every reset… I dunno it’s not a big deal but I can see some impact there. It is a nostalgia trip more than any kind of journey now so I’m meh in the end.

1 Like

but it always was like that?
Just that the item influx came like every 6 months but it didn’t delete the nl items.
So nl still had all items available, they just were more expensive.

1 Like