Follower total stat as REQ, not 'STR/DEX/INT'

Please adjust the Requirement for all follower skills that scale duration, chance, or value based on Strength, Dexterity, or INT:

“…based on the Templar’s Strength.”
“…based on the Scoundrel’s Dexterity.”
“…based on the Enchantress’s Intelligence.”

• To scale based on Total Main Stat (the sum of Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence) instead.

OR

• Convert gains from items of the other primary stat types into the primary main stat of the current type of follower. So, for example, an enchantress would gain INT from an item that provides her DEX.

This will allow players that only main INT classes (for example), to gear a Templar or Scoundrel more readily, using the gear they acquire on their INT class, rather than forcing us to reroll these affixes using an alternate character, or rely on smart loot to send us gear.

Having to both create and level two alternate classes (one each for the other two main stat types) shouldn’t be a requirement for gearing out our followers.

This is major impediment for newer players, especially, who are looking to gear their followers.

Bounty sourced items are also much harder to acquire, and minus smart loot, mostly roll with your current character’s main stat.

If the requirement is still specific to STR, DEX, or INT, these bounty items often don’t contribute towards that main stat if you place them on a follower of a different primary main stat type, making it harder for us to reach the goal that maxes out this bonus to follower skills.

It just feels bad to work hard to get an item and then not have it count towards your follower’s stat requirement / goal.

14 Likes

I’m totally agree with this. It’s like create a class to play an specific rol, when all classes should be the same in terms of power.

You don’t have to level them. Just make a lvl 1 character of the correct type and use the mystic to reroll the mainstat. It’s a little annoying and I agree your fix would help, but if they don’t make the change it’s not as bad as you’re saying.

Just realized there was a separate thread existing for this issue:

Didn’t see it when searching for ‘follower main stat’. I’ll leave my thread up though. If you have other ideas for solutions, or want to comment, go ahead. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It takes 30 secs to gear the stat your follower needs, no matter what class you play. If you’re main toon is a WD, and you wanna gear a templar, make a strength based character, and craft their gear or reroll the main stat you found to strength. Simple, they don’t need to rework the game to save you a simple move. :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s doable… but given that Followers now have a full set of gear (14 pieces) to equip this procedure seems kinda… dumb? Sorry if that sounds blunt.

I would appreciate a change where all three mainstats are used to determine the followers ability power.

On the other hand, different solution:

Let’s say you find a nice ancient “Freeze of Deflection” on your wizard. The item rolled with +990 INT, since it dropped on your wizard. That did not matter until now, you still used it on the Templar since MainStat did not really matter. You COULD use the Mystic to reroll the Mainstat but still had to switch to a STR class for this. This not only wastes the reroll, it makes gearing a Follower pointlessly hard. Now the suggestion:

How about adding a special stat shift feature for the Mystic? It would be limited to the mainstat affix and simply allows you to change the mainstat from any of INT/STR/DEX to INT, STR or DEX to your liking. In my example you would change +990 INT to +990 STR and be good. As this would not mark the affix as enchanted you could still do that afterwards.

4 Likes

How about adding another page to kanai’s cube to convert the main stat of an item while preserving its other rolls. Requires a flawless gem of the correct type.

15 Likes

I like this idea. Some way to switch the Mainstat roll on gear.

Currently attribute stats on Followers play the same roll as on Characters.

Strength/Dexterity = Armor
Intelligence = All Resistance

So right now, if you’re looking to get some toughness on your followers you need Str/Dex rolls. Based on the info in dmkt’s thread [FOLLOWER TOUGHNESS - VIDEO INCLUDED] - it is entirely possible to run with a CDR relic, if we stack enough toughness.

1 Like

easy on ptr or non-season! but in season you usually save mats for your own gear rollin.

i totally agree with ts. gear making for followers will be a nuisance in season. they shouldve seen it coming, range chars (dh, necro, wiz) usually use cormack and his skills are based on strenght which they cannot produce.

you could say, we dont need to max out followers’ main stat, they still give us their abilities but for 3 sec not for 6. maybe on softcore it doesnt really matter but i suppose on hardcore 6 sec instead of 3 makes a difference. and people will be willing to have it.

Love the suggestion, dmkt. Your idea is possibly the best.

Requires a minor cost, but still allows us players that focus on one primary stat type the means to change over, but for any gear piece.

Consider smart loot: GG piece but it’s for DEX class, and I only play INT. Awesome cube recipe.

For supports, might be a nice recipe to help optimize for toughness.

Only downside I can think of, and it could be a big one for some players, is that this would make using certain items cross main stat type much easier, trivializing the hunt for loot, or conversely, the effort required, for certain builds; assuming those items have already been found on other classes.

Personally I don’t see this as an issue though.

Right on, Sir! A simple, elegant solution.

Rerolling main stat on an item is easy true and you don’t need a levelled character to do that… However there are some issues to consider with some items… Jewelry for example. If the amulet or ring doesn’t drop with a socket and also needs a stat change, you cannot do both. If the item you wish to use drops with the wrong stat type and also with a class specific skill, you cannot change both. So while it’s not impossible there are real reasons to consider the suggested option… IMO.

wow i love this idea :slight_smile:

Very good idea! Devs, please look at this!

A simple example: many players go through a season with one character. And now they will want to equip all the followers (for testing, different meta etc). To do this, they will have to make two more characters in a season that they will not even play with. Just to get the right main stat on items. This looks like a bad idea, doesn’t it?
Please come up with a solution not to do dummy characters in a season!

1 Like