Follower emanate not fairly usable to its full extent by all builds

s6 impale cannot really use nemesis bracers like pretty much ever other build in the game due to the auto death from dervishes, which spawn 90% of the time when these bracers are used.

This means that s6 impale will be down on clear times vs other builds, which can use these bracers with impunity. Yes, I know there’s a few other builds that will also be hampered by this, but the major victim will be s6 impale due to the high impale dmg and inability to dodge the reflect.

How is this balanced? Did you not look at builds and how people will use the emanate function etc when designing this? It was a no brainer that people were going to use nemesis bracers to generate more elite mobs and have faster clear times in GRs (since elites are worth far more than trash mobs).

DHs have asked time and time again to have the nemesis bracers dervish spawn re-worked and you have ignored this at every point of time.

Once again you have a half baked idea in the game…

very disappointing.

2 Likes

A design decision you don’t like isn’t the same thing as a bug.

How to Write a Good Bug Report

Feedback is NOT a bug. Anything related to feedback, class balance, boss suggestions, etc. belongs in another forum.

Finally, please only discuss bugs within the threads. Avoid off topic discussions or other things not related to the bug in the thread. Don’t use bug report threads as a platform for discussing game balance, design, or to provide feedback or other subjective opinions about the game.

The last two seasons had similar issues, i.e. the lightning breath in S21 and some clone attacks in S22 were projectiles which could cause the death of the player / team-mates. They seem unwilling to temper the amount of damage a reflect can cause and/or turn off the affix altogether.

It’s working as intended, we just wish they’d change their intention.

8 Likes

Yes, I get you, but it needs to be raised. Blizzard needs to fix these issues…instead of stuffing their head in the group like an incompetent ostrich.

If you would like to make a suggestion or provide feedback you need to do that on the Discussion forums. This is a Support forum to report bugs to QA. Your issue is not a Bug and not something QA can help with. Devs won’t see it here.

1 Like

They’re issues, but they’re not bugs.
You should probably move this thread to General Discussion.

1. Click the little blue pencil icon under your opening post to enter Edit mode
  2. At the top-right of the Edit window, from the drop-down choose the sub-forum you want to move it to
  3. Click Save and your opening post, and any replies to it, will be moved
1 Like

lol, devs don’t see any of the console stuff. Haven’t for years.

just as well I own the game on PC and console and can participate in the non-console sections of the forums eh? Most console users don’t own the game on PC and couldn’t do this, hell they can’t even participate in the class sub-forums…

Oh wait, console users have already moaned about this in the past - multiple times…wait, what? Blizzard did nothing about that too. Oh my oh my!

The Dune Dervish reflect projectiles interaction has been in the game since vanilla. It wasn’t an issue originally but after many patches or power creep which scaled damage faster than toughness (since GRs scale monster life faster than monster damage), reflected projectiles are the most dangerous sources of damage in the game. Molten explosions in GR150 don’t compare to the damage of a reflected Hungering Arrow, Impale, or Bone Spear.

This issue has been raised again and again pretty much every patch but to no avail. I don’t think posting on the suggestion or feedback discussion forums will do anything at this point.

1 Like

you are probably correct…it affects impale far more than other characters/builds though because impale is a single target skill and also does a LOT of damage to a single target.

Look at it from my perspective, I’m playing s6 impale on the DH LBs, I’m already at a 8 or so GR deficit to GOD HA, and now I’ve gotta lose something that GOD HA can use and pull even further ahead…

I mean, balance please phone balance lol…

I don’t disagree that they have not discussed it. We can certainly all admit feedback lines are not great with Blizz overall.

I can say for sure though that it is not a bug and that QA has nothing to do with game changes to design and skills. So posting here is sort of like throwing a suggestion straight in the trash.

1 Like

The developers seem indifferent or apathetic to balance as evidenced by this latest patch nerfing DH and WD while elevating other builds. As many players, including myself, pointed out in the PTR feedback forum, the numbers were not tweaked correctly and now Necromancers, Crusaders, and Wizards have S-tier solo builds; Barbarians, Monks, and Witch Doctors have A-tier solo builds; and the lowly Demon Hunter has only B-tier or worse solo GR builds.

True, it was originally designed as a “feature” to punish some ranged builds like a counter attack, but it’s now basically defunct on that purpose since it isn’t scaled correctly.

1 Like

The developers can probably only fix it by nerfing the shadow/impale damage to the ground… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nah, turn it into fixed damage that scales with GR level, just like any other attack made by the enemy.

Never really had a problem with Dervishes using S6 simply because I’ll vault stun them if my primary target starts to spin. Alternatively, I’ll target something else for a few seconds.

People using HA or other skills are otherwise a big risk to party members, for sure, and the reflect mechanic has been long overdue for a balance pass.

yup and that’s One of the things that really IRES me mate!!! You know I’ve harped on enough about balance and build diversity in other threads…it’s just illogical to throw the nerf hammer at one class (DH) and then buff a bunch of other classes…

Then use something else? I think you’re not obliged to positively wear those bracers on every build. When you bring this to the developers as pure complaint they will ask the same question about your tastes and try to figure out how is that constructive criticism. You can use Custerian instead if you really like to have some emanate benefit on bracer slot or ask them to make Reaper’s Toll bracers (or insert “bracer power here”) to emanate instead of telling them you’re disappointed.

Disappointment doesn’t exactly give them a direction. They’re not really obliged to give everyone the same benefits without any risks involved either. That would create a pretty bland progression to start with.

How about nerfing GoD6 to fix the Missile Dampening? Does the same idea apply? =)

That’s why I took your and MB’s advice and moved it to the general forums…

hahaha don’t give them ideas!!!

I don’t have a problem with that as long as it EQUALLY affects ALL builds…atm it doesn’t…

That’s not the point though - it’s FAR higher risk for s6 impale than pretty much nearly any other build in the game…one slip up and you’re instadead. No dodge chance, kaboom! done and dead on the ground…

why should I be disadvantaged by the build that I prefer to play, when nearly every other build can wear these items with impunity? Custerian does jack squat for GR progression and you know it. That’s why 99.9999999999999999999999999999% of players will use nem and FOT and probably CoE in s23…

The issues with nem bracers and some builds, in particular, s6 impale have been documented by players in these very forums MANY times. Blizzard hasn’t even acknowledged us, let alone proposed a reasonable fix for us, instead doing what it does best - ignoring us. Stop protecting that blatant ineptitude and laziness.

well that was a design issue too, not a bug…according to most players it seems…edit: but after a LOT of whining from a LOT of players, Blizzard did a back flip (both with GOD HA and FB set)…decreasing the original nerfs to appease unhappy players who moaned about it. Both nerfs put those builds around the same as many other “average” builds, which meant balance in the game, but no, people weren’t happy with that and had to have their OP build to play with, or if they didn’t throw the toys out of the pram in a massive dummy spit.

Meanwhile a legit issue that practically targets a single build in the game is ignored…

Another grave issue is that the projectile reflect mechanic can also kill your team mates. Nothing else can do that.

1 Like

Will Strongarm Bracers be usable instead? The follower does pull a little, especially with Ess of Johan.

1 Like

PVP players should be happy with that.

1 Like