Fixing Rathma's Shield - a suggestion

The recently reworked rathma’s shield passive was changed in order to prohibit a common abuse that allowed for immortality spamming AOTD. This was one of two ways that a necromancer could gain perma-invincibility, the other having to do with LOTD invigoration and Captain Crimson’s set. The “fix” to this passive was to give it a 1 min cooldown, effectively making it undesirable for any build.

I propose a different rework to give it some better appeal, without being as OP as perma-invincibility. My suggestion is to have the skill give 100% CC immunity for a few seconds, and give you a shield that absorbs 100-150% of your total life. This would allow something LIKE invincibility at low GR levels, and you could feasibly spam it with perma LOTD uptime. This change would give the necro an option for some much needed CC immunity in lieu of a super-form skill, and the shield is just a little extra bonus that helps somewhat in lower tiers and maybe could help you stay alive a little in high GRs.

Those are my thoughts, I’d love to hear yours for a rework of this passive.

2 Likes