Fix the bazooka please

Balance is the more options. I didnt say “remove”. I said “fix”, cause it broken. It should be nerf. If they even do it 1.5 times weaker, 150 would able as speeds anyway, but balance would be more “healthy”.

I can even say, if they made chantodo 6 grs weaker and it become little less powerful than non season bazooka in solo, its good for me. We need more variants how to play

Remove the meteor delay.

3 Likes

Nefs never work here … so you should not consider nerffs but buffs … If you neff this build, some that make GR 140s can no longer do so, this will cause many to be disgruntled.

The only reason for neff Bazooka is if with the new gem (which replaces LoN) this build gets even stronger.

You probably chosen wrong game than. Diablo series was famous for that: to make end-game build A first you need to make build B and maybe build C. And people like it by some reason.

I doubt ever was such a thing like "balance" in Diablo game series, there always was and always will be op builds, so I believe “balance” is not really good point to “fix” bazooka.

I understand that you don’t like bazooka, but you want to kill something that people play and people like and you still have nothing to suggest in return. Just try to get that some people love this game because there are builds hard to gear and/or hard to play with a great reward if you manage it.

1 Like

BTW bazooka is getting nerfed in the new season anyway because it losing one dps gem (no LoN season buff anymore). And vyr probably getting buffed because of new squirt necklace. So, we can close that topic I guess?

bazooka has to go

i feel like if something this would happened in any other game the “exploiters” would have been banned and the bug would be fixed in like a week, but since this game is in maintenance mode and it would be hard to fix, it was easier to just label as a hard ingame mechanic that does not need to be fixed

100% instead of 100%
Hmmm… such a huge vyr buff :slight_smile:
And zeus isnt big damage lose. We depend on oculus, that can appear near target. Zeus buff is dynamic and unstable

Nu ne lez’ ty v solo blet, tebe zhe poh

Strange comment …

A few centuries ago people ate meat without cooking …
For a long time it was like this, so they had two options:

1st Stay as it was because “it was always like this”

2nd Try to improve and find better ways to prepare your food.

Apparently you want the first option, right?

Niguem wants the “end” of Bazooka, we want more options. This build is clearly unplayable for many. This is not a lack of skill, there are physical limitations attached to it.

Your analogy does not fit in my mind. You are arguing that bazooka is a better way to do things while others argues that this game mechanic is broken.

Do you remember the old sever exploit? At that time, should Blizzard have just buffed everything to be equal to that broken mechanic? Alternatively, should they have fixed that one thing? I think that you are arguing for widespread buffs versus fixing something that is broken.

6 Likes

You consider it broken. Many others enjoy it and consider it fine. Comparing Bazooka to sever exploit is a huge exaggeration.

I think bazooka looks like a ton of fun but since I’m a legit player and don’t use macros I don’t think I could ever play it right. Which is sad because melting a screen of mobs looks and feels great.

So open your mind a little …
You choose to stay with “an OP build” for a completely pointless reason.
Others want variety. Whether you want variety because the build is “broken” or because it is “too hard” doesn’t matter. What matters is that by no means should we be content with this, there are always ways to improve, and there are definitely many ways to balance more buillds for META.

In fact I know your reason; you’re afraid that Bazooka will be out of date, aren’t you? In the end, apparently there is a selfish motive behind it.

If you remember when bazooka was discovered, a post was made asking Blizzard if it was an exploit and wondering if players would be banned for using it. Blizzard said no at that time, so it is legit now. Should it be? Therefore, I think it is fair to say that many have questioned whether this is broken. It is not just me.

The arguments about sever at the time are similar to the arguments being made in the defense of bazooka. One difference is that the sever exploit did not encourage the use of macros by unethical games to take advantage of this unintended game mechanic.

Also, if you do not like the sever analogy, you can use the old OP static monk that was ok until Blizzard nerfed it. Also, I am blanking on the name of the old OP wizard build where the key was having your weapon be lowish DPS to work. This too was overpowered and considered ok until it wasn’t.

6 Likes

The arguments about sever at the time are similar to the arguments being made in the defense of bazooka. One difference is that the sever exploit did not encourage the use of macros by unethical games to take advantage of this unintended game mechanic.

This is exactly what I was addressing before. You consider something difficult to play to be “encouraging the use of macros”. Please try to follow this logic. Do you think that games shouldn’t be difficult for anyone because some people will cheat? It makes more sense to combat cheaters than to cater a game in this way.

Also, if you do not like the sever analogy, you can use the old OP static monk that was ok until Blizzard nerfed it. Also, I am blanking on the name of the old OP wizard build where the key was having your weapon be lowish DPS to work. This too was overpowered and considered ok until it wasn’t.

You are forgetting some important details. Blizzard used to nerf every build that was the strongest. Everytime people complained about the strongest build, it got nerfed so much it was unplayable. Twister wiz, CM wiz, WW barb, Static monk, and so on.

More recently, Blizzard has stopped doing this. Now they are trying to bring back some of these builds that were nerfed too much. There will always be a build that is the most powerful, but at least we can add more options and variety.

As we have seen in the past, people won’t ever stop complaining about the strongest build. I still think balancing is important, but builds shouldn’t be removed just because it’s too difficult for some to play. For example, a small damage reduction to Bazooka would be fine, but removing Archon from the build would kill it for solos.

You should be focusing on buffs to builds that aren’t viable, instead of trying to kill whatever is currently the top build.

3 Likes

Do you honestly think at this stage in the game’s lifecycle that Blizzard is going to make multiple builds that are competitive with the current power of bazooka? If not, the only “balanced” solution is to nerf that build. Also, I did not say remove the build, I said nerf. You acknowledge that a small damage reduction would be fine.

It simply is not feasible to focus on trying to get multiple underperforming builds to be better. The merits of this statements are self-evident in light of the changes to barbarian builds that are occurring this patch.

6 Likes

Do you honestly think at this stage in the game’s lifecycle that Blizzard is going to make multiple builds that are competitive with the current power of bazooka?

Vyr Chantodo was buffed last season and is competitive for solo and group speed runs.

Also, I did not say remove the build, I said nerf. You acknowledge that a small damage reduction would be fine.

Yes, but I have a feeling if another build became the strongest, people would just want that nerfed. This has been the case in the past.

It simply is not feasible to focus on trying to get multiple underperforming builds to be better. The merits of this statements are self-evident in light of the changes to barbarian builds that are occurring this patch.

Blizzard has been trying to buff things. It isn’t always enough, but that doesn’t mean they can’t make it work.

1 Like

—But you can get cdr maxed in all gear and cube squirt, no?—
Seems not working. OK, no buff for vyr then.

Mm, on old forum someone once suggested implementing separated solo mode. Something like HK now, but solo, where you can’t join anyone game (with leaderboards and etc). I wish they had implemented that, I wouldn’t interfere in your war here than :slight_smile:
Once again I’m telling you - I don’t care about bazooka per se, but if you wanna break most crucial and most complicated in gearing/leveling role in 4 player pushing you must give us viable alternative. Getting back to firebird/LoN starpact doesn’t look like that at all.

Do us all a favor and provide a link to said post/discovery instead of supposedly stating it happened somewhere. You are surely not referring to my initial theorycraft, since that didn’t happen there.

No question in my mind Bazooka is a cancerous build that needs to be toned down. I’d suggest Archon only buff the damage of Archon abilities going forward and see how things shake out. Archon damage could be up’d to compensate any loss to Chantodo’s (and it would scale with AD)

Right now, Chantodo’s accounts for something like 95% of Vyr damage. That’s a little insane for a 2 piece set.

1 Like

The ability to find/link that post is problematic due to it being archived and no longer linked correctly. You can try your luck.

5 Likes