Fix for locked trophies

Around a week ago I was trying to complete my d3 trophy collection. After severeal attempts trying to start fresh chars, delete savegame and reinstalling the game I got kinda frustrated. However I got it fixed, at least for playstation. Xbox should work the same way but since I have no console to test it I cannot provide a way to do it.

How did I fix it?
I fixed it by playing the game on 2.6.0/2.6.1.
The game update for ps4 was version 1.25 to be more precise.

What is required for this setup?

• The PKG file which is around 10GB large (Patch 1.25)
  • USB stick with minimum 16GB storage (formatted in exFat file system)
  • Disc Version of the game (there is also a way for digital versions which I did not test since I own the diac version.
  • Backup your data! All data on your PS will be lost since we need to restore a backup to get it working.
  • A modified PS4 backup

Technical background:
Since Sony does not let you install specific game updates I was using an exploit in the backup&restore function of the console. This will restore an application to your PS which lets you install signed PKG files from USB.

Tutorial:

1. Backup data on your console
  2. Get the 1.25 Patch (orbispatches is a serious source)
  3. Prepare USB (see video) Installing Any PS4 Game Update Offline via USB - YouTube
  4. Restore backup from USB
  5. Install game
  6. Install game update from USB
  7. I advise staying offline the whole time since the game will auto update itself when connected to the internet.
  8. Add your PSN acc to console
  9. Start game and earn needed trophies
  10. When done, connect to internet and sync trophies.
  11. (optional) You can now initialize your PS if you want to get rid of the PKG auto install.