Firebirds with Etched Sigil instead of Orb of Infinite Depth

I really do not like the explosive blasts part of the firebirds build.
I tried an etched sigil in cube with energy twister gale force, but I am not sure if the twisters coming from the etched sigil are considered “channeled” or not.
Anyone know?
I am not trying to push, just doing GR100 and lower.

I did it last season on console and I liked it. Was much easier on me than having more buttons to hit. I made sure I had Energy Twister on bar, with the fire-based rune.

I got to 105 with little effort. I also don’t push (just have no desire to keep hunting for “perfect” gear and spamming GRs with myself.)

As far as I know it doesn’t work. Etched Sigil, paired with Ranslor’s Folly (bracers), is fine for ordinary rifts (gold farming) because they suck in monsters to be blasted by Disintegrate and Explosive blasts.

Oh, and by the way, without Orb of Infinite Depth you lose a lot of damage and damage reduction. So in the above example you’ll want Etched Sigil on the hero and Crimson belt in order to have five piece FB bonus on.

I am using try this build this season with Firebirds, I am still in the building process but so far this is what I have found that works good
Belt
:Hergrash’s Binding- This with enough other resource reduce cost effects means you never stop channeling keeping your stacks a 50 and pumping out twister like crazy (don’t know about pc but on console this does not count toward arcana as channeling but does for damaging bonuses with the set and items)
Ring 1: CoE honestly I have yet to find a wizard built that does not need Convention of Elements
Ring 2 Stone of Jordan: try and get all elemental damage modifiers to one specific element like fire
Necklace: haven’t really found one that stood out yet am toying with a hellfire amulet of int for the free passive (unstable anomaly is what i recomend) but also squirts is very good for this
Wrist: Ranslor’s Folly: the damage boost to twister counts so does the pull effect I think this item should always be paired with etched sigil
Off Hand: Etched Sigil
Main Hand: for this season your prefered one hand etheral, although the staff does work but sigil has be on with the cube with takes a bit away replace this with either cube weapon power for non seasonal
head, body. shoulders. hands legs and feet are firebirds because I wanted to try it without the RRoG
Cube weapon: The twisted sword/ or deathwish either works great
cube armor: Jang’s if you are trying my build or mantel of channeling it you don’t want black hole.
Cube Jewelery: Obsiian RoZ between this and Hergbash’s your cooldown’s are very low
Passive skills
1 Elemental Exposure
2 Audacity
3 Conflagration
4 Dominance / unwavering will / unstable anomoly
Fyi the last two are what I have using the etheral and the hellfire amulet.

Primary skill: Electrocute rune Forked lightning
Secondary skill: Disintegrate rune Chaos Nexus
Defensive skill Teleport rune calamity
Conjuration skill: Magic weapon rune ignite
Force Skill Energy Twister rune Gale Force; Note you dont actually cast this spell, ever its here to put the Gale Force rune on your Twisters I recomend using elective and placing this skill on your least used hot button.
Mastery skill Black Hole rune Blazar

Legandary Gems
Zei’s Stone of Vengeance
Taeguk
Bane of the Trapped

other gems are all Topazes except my weapon slot I have a gem of ease their but am thinking of using a Ruby later on either that or a Amethyst

I am really just a casual gamer but I am having a lot of fun with this build it is also challenging because it is a bit squishy. But hey wizard are call glass cannons for a reason.

Weeeell, since the game keeps shoving Twister ethereals up my a… I gave up on the season and just went with it. Just slapped together an unorthodox build with Firebird at the core. Look at my profile, if you like…

Twister sucks without Wicked Wind and to max out dps you need 3 weapon/offhand slot items (Valthek, Twisted Sword and wrEtched Sigil). As such Aetherwalker doesn’t fit. That’s why Firebird instead of LoD… worth mentioning, I’m not using Fire Twisters, and regarding Firebirds… I use it for the free Teleport, the 80% DR is better than all other sets and I get 5000% all damage boost on top, so that’s half LoD. But being able to use Valthek instead of Aetherwalker compensates that more than twice.

Sure, it’s not the most powerful build, but GR110+ is a non-issue with this, no augments so far. And not even really good items.

Profile unavailable. Sounds interesting though.

EU region… this should do (as long as I don’t delete the char):

Why not just use the fire twister?

Because I detest it? They won’t proc Firebirds when they are autocasted from Sigil anyways.

That was my original question.

:slight_smile: