Firebird PTR changes

So the the old set bonus powers are back (3000% and 5000%) except the 6 piece bonus doesn’t work with Mirror Images…

Maybe it’s time to find out what the (manual) Flameblades build is all about?

1 Like

There’s also potentially some high CDR EB spam variants since those can still use Deathwish.

I’ll be doing manual Flame Blades myself, though.

3 Likes

Thanks for the input. I’ll be playing DH season 25 - at least for the journey, and see how it goes.

Yes, there should be. In Season 23 I did a 121 with FB EB. Far from having everywhere CDR rolls. And only 1000 paragon points.

Now they could increase the attack speed of Shame of Delsere from 50% to 150%.

1 Like

That’s usually my que to mess around to find something else now that everyone will be playing this :sweat_smile:

All seriousness Wizardspike Ethereal might be it’s peak glory season, will have to try it out with some of the new/changed gem effects on PTR today.

1 Like

Yeah or at least 100% because right now kinda forces Echoing Fury taking away Furnace ect.

1 Like

Does anybody know why the PTR leader boards are still full of mirror images? They’re only in the 130’s. Did they not get wiped or is there a bug or workaround?

Non-season PTR leaderboards didn’t get wiped. Only the seasonal PTR boards did. if you look at the dates of the clears, you can see which ones were before the change on Friday.

You can also look for wand vs. sword transmogs. Anything on the Firebird’s board with a wand will be manual Flame Blades. If it’s a sword, it could be either the old Deathwish Mirror Images or the new Deathwish EB spam.

Could you please tell me what is EB?

I mean build wise for eb spam variant?

EB = Explosive Blast

Explosive Blast, like Meteorblade said.

The idea is to use Explosive Blast to trigger Firebird’s procs, instead of Mirror Images or Flame Blades.

The nice thing about Explosive Blast is that you can cast it while channeling, if you are channeling it doesn’t have a cast animation. This means you can maintain the Deathwish buff, spamming Explosive Blast while channeling at the same time.

The Wand of Woh power doesn’t grant additional FB6 procs, only the primary explosions do (so 3 per cast from Chain Reaction). So you don’t need that. Just Deathwish and the Orb of Infinite Depth.

The idea with the build is to stack a ton of CDR and then use Obsidian Ring to further reduce the Explosive Blast cooldown. So you can spam out quite a few. It takes a lot of Arcane Power to spam out Explosive Blast like that while channeling though.

With the manual Flame Blades variant, you attack very fast so get a ton of procs per second, but the procs don’t hit quite as hard. With the EB variant, you get fewer procs per second but the procs are buffed by Deathwish so the damage per proc is higher. I think the clear potential of the two builds is fairly similar in the end.

4 Likes

Ahhh gotcha, thanks for the great explanation as always TinneOnnMuin

1 Like