Firebird Nerf - FB Leaderboard needs to be wiped

I’m sure this has been talked about quite a lot, but the LB needs to be wiped. I guarantee that the people at the top can’t replicate that rift anymore. In fact, I wonder even if they are paragon 10k if they could do that rift anymore, since the images don’t get stronger as you do. They just take half your HP. So no matter how strong you get, they won’t last any longer then they already do.

The fact that MI is allowed to still proc the 6p was a problem from the beginning. This might only change the top end by a few levels, which is fine I suppose, but when there aren’t any reasonable alternatives, they need to stop procing the 6p and change the damage of the set to reflect not requiring the Deathwish. Either that or make other skills ACTUALLY proc the 6p. Using etched sigil with tornados might be a bit overpowered, but at least it’s an alternative if you MUST consider the Deathwish.

Btw, using the etched sigil tornado’s doesn’t proc the 6p, only if you cast it directly. The only skills that work are the primaries, Wave of Force, EB and I THINK a no rune hydra procs it 100%, I can’t say for sure. Any other skill either doesn’t do anything or procs like 10% of the time. Hell, if you make Wand of Woh proc the 6p, people would start using that and not use MI even if you don’t change how MI works.

3 Likes

There was a nerf? News to me…

2 Likes

The MI doesn’t benefit from the FB 2p anymore. They used to get revived once then die after. Now, even with enforcer, they die pretty fast. If you’re lucky they live their entire duration, at higher levels that is.

2 Likes

where’d you get this information from?

1 Like

I had huge difficulty finding that post… This should really be posted on the front page or on a sticky…

Since it was nerfed on Monday, it doesn’t seem to affect group play much. I didn’t notice much of a difference.

That’s hardly a new nerf to ES, it’s been around for like 2+ months.

Thankfully I still got a legacy one in NS - and that’s the only one I care about.

1 Like

Not sure why this led into ES being nerfed.

FB Leaderboard needs to be wiped
OP’s topic

Sounds like a Minister calling on the people to unburden another sinner in the congregation.

Huh? Something changed to lower the grift climb by around 4 levels and you’re saying it doesn’t need a reset? They did a full wipe for the followers, given is fairly big, but most builds didn’t climb much further. Why is it different for this?

2 Likes

Can’t we just let people have some fun?

Chantodo nerf was horrible.
Why? It was so much fun to play!
People that had never played Wizard before suddenly were full tilt Wizard men.

Most nerfs happen because some dev looking at leader board and the number of players in season playing certain builds are too high in his estimation.

And the nerf happens and people leave the game or just get pissed.

Again I say to Blizzard!
“Why not let us have some fun?”

4 Likes

They didnt get revived though? As far as i know the nerf changed so the meteors werent cast when they die. Not a big deal. Sure harder to keep track of how many of your MIs which are actually alive but other than that. Meteor didnt do dmg and they didnt proc the 6piece. Im pretty sure they changed it for some lag and sound crashes

1 Like

Fun is illegal in Blizzard games.

12 Likes

Don’t you dare say the F word on these forums sonny.

7 Likes

They did. It looks like they don’t, it just does the meteor, then fills their life. Just like yourself.

Aha, well never noticed.

Edit: Yeah saw they survived for a extra sec or so.

I would be against a wipe if it completely erased the board from history. A change of era could be warranted, but I’m unsure this is a big enough change for that. It impacts one set (albeit one of the strongest currently) and one class, and that set can still push high.

I’m fairly certain we’ll see higher pushes by season’s end.

Maybe a bit extreme, sure, but there needed to be some thought behind the hotfix. The only solution I can think of to mitigate this is illusionist, as it will reset the cooldown a lot.

What’s your problem with fun?

But there are other Ways

Esp. if you read the Comments and see, that most Players are more upset over the missing Meteors as Indikator , that theyr MI go down, coz more than often enaugh you cant see them in the Middle of a Pull.
That the MI used the 2P might have been unintended. But the Question is, if it really justifie such a Change, that isnt even announced prob. but only as little Sidenode.