Season 23 | The Disciples of Sanctuary | Has Ended

I had hoped for solo play to get much closer to group play benefits. Which should still come and must be permanent and for ns too.

Emanate and revamped followers is very nice, but followers still seem rather useless when pushing gr.

Some feedback:

• I really like firebird changes. I have long time been waiting to play wiz again and now it’s possible.
  • Except certain multiplayer related bug: When having two or more wiz in team in high lvl, the battle usually is not against mobs but against lag. Whole team needs to be super careful to to pull any extra mobs. When failing in this, there will be 2spf dia show for next minute or two.

23 seasons in a row where WD are so laggy in GR 120+ that they can not be in groups. It’s not AoE, it’s not piranado, it’s just WD. It’s been reported thousands of times so I won’t bother doing that again (I reported it in season 1 and in season 17). I heard this season some lag was fixed but as I climbed the leader board the 120 GR+ are just lag for 50% of the time. Literally WD lag nearly doubles the clear time.

Given the D2R release this year it is time for some nostalgia.
Please buff the Crusader Hammerdin to S-Tier next season :innocent:

This was merely the pre-test of follower full equipping for D2 yall .

What is this abomination you call a nerf to the etched sigil? It wasn’t even in need of a nerf. I t was one of the few decent offhands for the wizard. Many of the alternatives are terrible and now the etched sigil is worse than useless. When I logged in to find all of my wizard builds ruined I was devastated. The thought that it was all because I didn’t have any legacy ones makes me genuinely depressed.

2 Likes

Hey folks - today we fixed an unintended interaction with Mirror Image deaths causing Firebird’s 2-piece bonus to proc a meteor to fall from the sky. Note* This fix is PC only fix.

5 Likes

Will this fix the horrendous and infamous Wizard lag? =)

2 Likes

so you just killed my zei’s setup. because now i cant use the meteors for dps.
cool thanks for killing my build midway into the season.
super appreciate it.
great game.
great devs.
why would you guys do something so stupid?
what’s the justification for changing this? in the middle of the season.

for reference: im currently the rank 1 hc wizard on NA. with the fb setup ive been pushing with all season. a setup that is now effectively removed from the game because of this mid-season nerf.
previously, something like this would NOT happen mid season unless it was in response to something that was horribly unbalanced or otherwise broken. THIS change meets neither of those criteria. it simply gave firebirds an option for a 3rd legendary gem that wasnt enforcer. now that this change is implemented, enforcer is the ONLY possible option for third gem slot. and thus, the build that i currently have as rank 1 on the leaderboard, is now deleted from the game.
allowing your images to die and drop meteors as a source of damage gave VARIETY to the meta firebird build. THAT WAS A GOOD THING. it wasnt overpowered, it was just another option. it was better than enforcer in some circumstances, and worse in others. it simply baffles me that this stupid, needless change was implemented to further homogenize everyone and kill build variety.

this is seriously stupid and unwarranted.

oh cool and now there’s a new disconnect issue occurring that just killed me.
that’s 2 rank 1 characters ive lost now this season due to game malfunction.

how about fixing this crap so hardcore is actually playable?

12 Likes

So, you fixed something we didn’t know was broken.
Okay, now how about…

• Players having their heroes randomly show up as different named heroes, in clans they’re not part of, in different languages (outstanding for over a week).
  • Issue with lag on Firebirds / Mirror Images / CoE (outstanding around a month).
  • Issue where the recommendation is to reduce the number of active sound channels to 16/32 (outstanding around a month).
  • Issue with 5-10 second lags, where the only workaround is to replace a DLL file, rendering the game silent (outstanding over 10 months).
19 Likes

It’s a wizard nerf. It’s high priority, ridiculous, and generally poorly implemented! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is it a nerf though? How much actual damage did the meteors do?

Honestly, for Mirror Images? I don’t recall it doing any.

1 Like

Fix the freezing omg

6 Likes

are you sure that you understand where the damage is coming from?

1 Like

Yes that right, Blizzard have ignored the serious issues and fixed a bug NO one noticed.

For the first time in 30+ years i rage quit a game yesterday, and guess what is was Diablo 3 during the season of game breaking bugs!

3 Likes

Literally have to replace the DLL file every time because if I forget it I get freezes up to 15 seconds. I think its a windows 10 issue since I am running on the same hardware I had in 2013 and it was perfect prior to Win10. My old windows 7 machine I sometimes play on is perfect and the game even feels faster than my expensive gaming PC

It is a Windows 10 issue that Blizzard need to fix, Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft and as such we should not be forced to downgrade because Blizzard does not want to fix its issues.

1 Like

And why didn´t you fixed it in a way, that they get our toughness ?

I mean …
How often does my Mystic Ally die, who is active the whole Time, compared to those crappy MI, who only last for 4 ! Seconds and are dumb as f***

Did the constant freezes, crashes, and lag get fixed in this hotfox? Do I still need to delete diablos sound file when pushing high GR in order to keep my character?