Firebird mana issue?

Hey guys, bit of a newb, not sure what is going on… I hit up Raxxanterax guide using mirror images and got all the gear he has… yet in his gameplay video he teleports around spaming disintegrate and his mana bar hardly moves… mean while mine hardly lasts more then 5 seconds it feels like.

Bit confused how this is happening any thoughts?

1 Like

You need arcane power on crit on your offhand.

3 Likes

it’s because you do not have AP by critical strike on your off hand (the orb) i see you stuff. it’s missing the auguild set (shoulder and bracer). switch RORG and COE (ring) COE have better stats base. and stats you need CDR/CC/DCC. with focus 63-64% cdr

Do you use Hergbrash Binding? It’s a belt that reduces the arcane cost of channeling by 60ish %

1 Like

I Just tried it and yeah I too was a litteratur AP starved at first. But APOC and use og mirror images did thd trick. Hergbrash is not an option since you want to wear Crimson set.

just setting up my test wiz, haven’t gotten this far yet, although a quick test in town depleted mana real quick, but that’s to be expect since not hitting any mobs and critting and thus getting back the APOC from off hand.

edit: just did a GR105 in 6 mins @ p2700, crappy first two levels, but battlefields on the last level. Damage seems hit and miss for me - sometimes it was taking chunks out of mobs and other times nothing. I’m probably doing something wrong. Playing Raxx’s low paragon variant with more shielding - want to get used to it and feel comfortable before I try and test it with the GR pushing variant. Enforcer @ 25; BOTT @ 120 and taeguk @ 101.

Had all sorts of mana issues, but again, that’s probably me. I also only have 3 apoc on off hand instead of 4, so that’s probably not helping my cause. I think I’m missing a lot of the targets and thus not getting a crit and chewing my mana cos of it.

Does the build tend to work better if you are closer to the mobs/elites? I thought I noticed it was more effective at damage if I was closer. Oh wait…audacity passive lol…duh!

It’s a lot of button mashing on console (with no num lock function either) and a bit too much for me. Pity :-/

The big issue is the Mirror Images. If they are passive or run off and fight minions or other monsters you can channel forever on the champion without killing it.

2 Likes

You have to release them tactically and using slow time helps a ton. They tend to want to fight in the bubble, I believe they are more inclined towards the one you create. To top it off, they get 10% more speed, with taskers that’s 20%. It’s actually a really nice combo. As far as aiming enemies, in a big group, just teleport on top of the elite. Try to keep them in chokes, so the images don’t go running everywhere. Even going right next to a pylon helps a ton. I’ve killed elites from 80% to dead in 1 rotation because of how I play.

2 Likes

Ahh, that’s why it’s probably a bit hit and miss then. Gotcha.

yeah I noticed vs the RG - was right next to a pylon and I ended up wedging in there and bang, it took a crap load of health of him real fast. Was struggling a bit until then.

Fun build, but a bit too much button mashing for me. I guess on PC you can use the num lock cheat to auto activate explosive blast and only have to worry about disintegrate and mirror images, on console we have no such QOL assistance and have to do it mano a mano…

Autocasting the explosive blast aids doesnt work very well in not well populated maps… And I wonder how long it will last before that skill will start to annoy me so that I dont want to play this build anymore.
Also there is a ton of lag with this build…

wasn’t too bad on PS4 (lagwise).

I actually had a bit of trouble with this too in lower density rifts and as a more casual/newb player. I ended up changing the rune on my Magic Weapon to Conduit and swapped out the Elemental Exposure passive for Dominance to not lose too much shielding.

Conduit seemed to help keep my Arcane Power maxed out a lot more often now.

For those of you who has a big problem with resource be low GR 110 change the build a little.

Change Aughild bracer and shoulder for mantle of channeling for more def and offence, and the blood bracer for stronger shields, in your cube add the belt Hergbrash’ binding for the 65% cost reduction on disintegrate.

I manage to get all the way to gr 115 but at this point you can’t really keep the shields up so switch back to Aughild.

i do bounties and rift this way a great deal easyer, and the lost of dps is not realy a lost on t16 since you one shot pretty much every thing any ways lol.

I’m rolling with 39% RCR, 4 APoC, and the Astral Presence passive. I have zero issues with running out of arcane power at any difficulty level. If there is an enemy on the screen, I am channeling 100% of the time.

He will also need at least 40% crit hit chance. Preferably 50%+ crit hit chance… and hope his images has the balls to attack. I have encounter 90% of my images being ball-less and run away crying for mama immediately on cast.

2 Likes