Firebird Ignite Mechanics

Considering coming back to Season 23 now my favorite set for Wizard is back. I remember the last time the Firebird set was dominating depended an integer bug.

I saw a few builds on YouTube and Maxroll and everyone is using FB Mirror Image. I understand the 6-piece FB is what proc’s the damage of the Ignite stacks. But what exactly was tested on non-channeling fire spells? Can anyone answer?

1. Assuming proc doesn’t proc I’ll assume items that cast free skills won’t work (like the extra Explosive Blast from Wand of Woh?)

2. Are there better than Spectral Blade for Mirror Images to cast? If all they do is tag the non channel fire spell to proc 6-piece FB, I remember they can also cast Magic Missile Conflagrate which pierce through mobs. And Shock Pulse Explosive Bolts split 3 ways. On paper when you have a big mob size, those are better selections.

Unless something changed only direct damage fire spells cast by the player can make it proc. Hydra for example without a rune works, with a rune does not as both blazing and mammoth are dots. You are free to experiment as you wish. That was how mirror images were found.

Honestly, loses a bit of diversity since Wand of Woh doesn’t work and basically all skills except signature spells are trash for the mirror images to use.

I’ll try to answer but at the same time I would love to get some clarity to this as there are details I haven’t been able to understand myself.

1. Casting disintegrate on a mob causes it to burn or more properly it ignites.
    This is a damage over time dealing 3000 % weapon damage per second. 2pcs bonus
    This is in effect that continues. In T16 it will be impressive but will get less effective I suppose at higher levels of difficulty.
    Now to the real damage.
  2. Casting a non-channeling fire spell does the (6 pcs) dot x stack x 51.

Now the details that are sketchy to me.

A. Does the dot timer really benefit by IAS?
B. Does our attacks cause the 6pcs instantly and on every hit or do they cause the next tick to do that increased damage?

I tried to answer in a straight forward way and in no way do I try to be condescending, if I have misunderstood the mechanic I would love to know about it and correct it.
Cheers Steff.

As long as you burn the enemy, the damage will apply instantly. Not entirely positive if it has to be reapplied, pretty sure it doesn’t need to be, since I’m just burning everything constantly.

don’t play firebird. blizzard has done slaughter with patch 2.7 and firebird.

2.7 in general I am noticing that I have worsened the framerate, with the same configuration I lost 5-10 framerates, and I am stable but at 5-10 frames below my average of 83-85.

firebird has brought audio conflict problems on the video card, it has brought problems in keeping track of everything that happens on the screen for the video card (especially the fb pet version) and there are problems of calculation damage always due to too many numbers, multipliers , but above all firebird hits, both pet and non-pet versions.

I had the same thoughts today and saw someone who recommended checking the sound channels setting. For me, Firebirds was unplayable. I found that my sound channels were set to 128. Lowering it to 32 solved the problem.

If you haven’t tried this yet, give it a shot and see if it works for you. After the change, the game is smooth and I can’t hear any difference between 32 and 128 channels. TBH, I don’t really know if there is any huge benefit to setting it as high as I did previously. However, it has never posed a problem before this particular patch/season.

Did you have to reboot the game after? I’ll try again but so far I haven’t had success. I don’t even use my sound anymore and it still gives me issues lol

From the set, it gains ignite UNTIL IT DIES. Every time it gets hit with a non channeled fire spell (it doesn’t matter what is hitting it) it will take the damage from combustion x stacks x dot… and our Explosive blast is a trigger, and (if you cast it) our signature spell is one, and the signature spell all the copies are casting trigger it as well.

this buld always feels like you have 1 skill that you’re not fully taking advantage of.

I find that electrocute with fire rune VERY powerful after igniting enemies, combined with velvet camaral in the cube.

so electrocute, disintegrate, teleport, explosive blast, storm armor (with halo of arlyse) all work great… but what’s the last spell? meteor and blackhole kinda does it… but not quite…