Fire dmg overtime Vs direct dmg? Opinion

I know Barbarian community is great at Math, so I would lime some help with a explanation of a skill, on which rune is better.

The Crusaders community is a bit slower to answer and not as accurate so please share the love.

The Hammerdin build use Limitless for 640% damage vs Burning Wrath that does 320% + 330% as fire over time.

I read somewhere that fore over time is cumulatively on top of each other.

The crazy amount of hammer thrown is significant that the 25% to proc will happen pretty often and it will proc on many units surrounding you once gather. The fire will hit many and might end up been More effective then a single hit of 640% holy damage.

Give me a hand with the math please, and opinion.

Burning Wrath’s DoT doesn’t get buffed by all of the Hammer bonuses last I saw.

You should really post this in the Crusader forums where players who have tested and played the build can help you.

Ty. I’ll do so, It’s a shame how skills mechanics works , they could be improved so much easily.

No need to repost it, you can move this thread there instead. Edit your opening post and in the top right of the editing window you’ll see a drop-down for the sub-forum the post is in. Click that, choose the Crusader forum, and click Save. That will move the entire thread (i.e. your opening post and all replies) to the Crusader forum.

This is exactly why I posted in here, I’m asking about mechanics mostly instead of purely Crusader opinion/gameplay favoritism or whatever…

With in hours I got answer almost. Crusader forum in mostly dead and I trust a lot more our Barb community. They know most of the time at 99% what they are talking about. ( FREE,RAGE, etc…)

I would rather have a result here about that discussion. Damage over time with a skill that produce fire, instead of direct hit. What would you got for ?

Glad the community was able to help! And good to know you can edit the location of your thread!

Damage in Diablo III is weird, so I’m glad we could help sort it out :slight_smile:

I mean. I’m active in the Crusader forum and would’ve helped you there. There’s a few other players who are also active over there and who know Crusader mechanics just as well if not better. There’s a couple of players who know a lot about Blessed Hammer and Sweep Attack for instance who would be best to ask.

The problem with asking here is because Barbarians don’t play Seeker or Blessed Hammer. It’s not as simple as “what’s the math” because you have to test and verify the math. You have to confirm what bonuses benefit what mechanics. Diablo III has a lot of nuance in this regard because of the way Blizzard has chosen to approach and apply buffs differently depending on classes and skills and items.

There isn’t necessarily a universal way to apply math in other words when it comes to D3. You have to approach each build with an empty mindset and confirm each number in your formula.

Sound painful to test $hit when you looking for answers.

That sucks big time. I dig the internet ans found more than the forum provides. Got a major explanation online.

Ty anyway.

Quick maths. Crusader = barb. No. Wrong forums.