Finery and Gems

Do Legendary Gems count towards Finery?

Finery multiplies all Strength stats, Caldesann’s gem upgrades included!

This is very easy for you to test. Go to the Jeweller and remove your legendary gems. Open your Character sheet and look at your Strength. Re-socket your legendary gems and re-check your Character sheet and see if your Strength changed or not.

1 Like

Finery says you get the extra strength for every gem socketed in your gear. Do the Caldesan count as being socketed? That would be 4 gems for every augment?

Finery says…

Gain 1.5% Strength for every gem socketed in your gear.

Here’s one of my Crusaders, with the Finery passive.

On the left, Finery with zero gems socketed = 36,231 STR
On the right, Finery with ten gems socketed = 41,666 STR

Each gem gives 1.5% extra STR, so 10 gems gives 15%

36,231 * 1.15 = 41,665.65

The game can’t display fractional points of STR, so rounds this up to 41,666.

This is doing exactly what it says it should.

However, I do not have a seasonal Crusader to establish whether Soul Shards count as gems for the purposes of Finery.

No, but they increase the base STR value that Finery is giving a percentage increase of.

Let’s say your Crusader had 10,000 STR. Finery, with 10 gems socketed, would increase this by 15%, i.e. 1,500 STR, resulting in you having 11,500 STR.

Now you add in some Caldesann’s Despair augments to your gear. This season, those would be 625 STR augments, and you do that to all 13 gear pieces. This takes your base STR from 10,000 STR to (10,000 + (13 * 625)) = 18,125 STR. Finery, with 10 gems socketed, would increase this by 15%, i.e. 2,718.75 STR, resulting in you having 20,843.75 STR, which would be rounded to 20,844 STR.

1 Like

OK, so I tested it out and Soul Shards do count as gems for finery.
But the Caldesans don’t, per your info.
Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Thank you all.
Meteorblade, awesome as always.

1 Like