Figured out why 22 is boring me

I hate the change to Etched Sigil, but I love the fourth cube slot and my HC LOD Energy Twister wizard went about 9 GR’s higher than any of my previous HC wizards. So why am I now unable to play the game for longer than about 15-20 minutes before I get bored and quit? I think Energy Twister is just too passive and visually uninteresting to keep my interest. It never feels as if I am attacking an enemy, it just feels as if I am putting up a passive area effect which will only kill monsters who are too stupid to come in out of the rain. I went back to playing Hydra and I am happier, although weaker, because at least my hydras will attack anything within their range. My favorite build (now dead) is the meteor wizard which also employed an area effect spell. But when a Meteor Shower fell, the ground exploded and things went flying. Energy Twister just sits there and spins, kind of like my washing machine. Games are supposed to be exciting and interesting, and Energy Twister just doesn’t excite or interest me. I’m aware that different people will have different reactions, but that is one of the reasons I think ruining ES was such a mistake. With the old ES you could choose from a wide variety of autocast effects. Now you only get to choose where you want your Energy Twister to spin in one spot or whether you want it to wander off aimlessly.

1 Like

I’ve just started a wiz and I agree the effects are totally boring. It’s also slow compared to my Necro. Still, I’m enjoying it.

Yes wizards are slightly under powered and very slow which makes them most suitable for solo play. But I’m glad you are enjoying your wizard. I actually just switched over and started playing my non-seasonal wizard so I could use my legacy Etched Sigil and play the way I enjoy playing. The game was very unstable and froze on me twice (which is scary when you play HC). I’m hoping that was just a fluke, but it has been unusually slow and unstable every time I have logged on this afternoon. I wish good things for your wizard.