Having some fun playing a hybrid Etched Sigil/Firebird build. Just cleared GR100 with it in HC so it’s capable but I’m no theory crafter so I was wondering if someone could give me some ideas on making it really shine (burn?)
The basic setup is 5 pieces of FB gear, 2 pieces of Captain Crimson, RoRG, Etched Sigil, Twisted Sword, cubed Valthek’s and Ranslor’s. Basically channeling Disintegrate spawns a heap of fiery tornadoes that shred the battle field. The problem is sometimes the spawned twisters don’t seem to proc the combustion stacks. Other times they do. It’s really hit or miss and can be extremely frustrating with enemies on stairways.
Do etched sigil twisters proc the 6-piece firebirds? You’d need to test that first, but might be that they dont, in the same way that they dont proc area damage. I would start by testing that, and if they don’t, then no point having etched sigil. You might have to cast manual twisters.
Also, if you want to use the firebirds 6-piece, then twister sword or valtheks wont help you either afaik, FB only cares about number of hits, not how strong they are. In general, with the fix and relatively slow tick-rate of twisters, and that you have to use the fire run with moving twisters, makes it quite difficult to get a lot of firebird procs with twisters.
if you really want, you could maybe try with deathwish, cast a few manual twisters, start channeling and hope that some twister ticks connect after deathwish comes online… I think it’ll a fair bit behind the explosive blast version in damage, and could be quite awkward to play. 
I’ve been playing a flame blade firebirds with a twister pull though, that I really enjoyed playing. flame blkades still dps, but you cast twisters to pixel everyone with ranslors, quick tap on disintegrate to tag everyone, freeze with frost nova, then blow everything up with flame blades. quite satisfying, but maybe not what you’re after.
Good luck though, hope you get it to work!
1 Like
No. FB cannot proc from effects with a proc coefficient of 0. So basically if you didn’t cast it, it won’t proc FB.