Fellas, why is the patch so dry and shallow?

• No Vyr’s update? It needs some love, an ammy and Fazula added to the set.
  • Thanks for the increases to DMO but it also needs another slot item such as an ammy added to it.
  • We are still going with the dry version of Firebird’s?.. No mirror image love?
  • Why the nerf to Marauder’s?
  • Shadow set is nice but its not the most fun. I’ll take the increases but not at the expense of Maras.
  • I skipped over the WD and Crusader changes and I’m already expecting to be very disappointed.
  • What is with the nerf to Twister sword?

FYI, in case Blizz management was thinking that they are going to disappoint me into to buying D4, it ain’t happening.

4 Likes

But that was their master plan! :smiley:
No but in all seriousness perhaps with the Altar being added perma and the seasons being shorter they might have wanted to see how these few changes do first instead of what was rumored a pass on all sets.

I don’t think this is the final patch, but I agree we definitely need more changes still if we truly want to get most things near an even playing field.

They kept SSF, and that might push the need for a longer season. Trying to chase the Altar solo can take a bunch of time (Staff of Herding reagents and other stuff). I made a bunch of chars last season and had SSF plans/ideas for pursuing some builds. After completing a smaller subset of those plans/ideas I just stopped. I needed a break and it wasn’t fun enough.

I could see that beiing a legit thing. However, this patch looks like beef stew, made the lazy way, using a crock pot. Just toss a bunch of stuff into the pot, add water, chuck in some salt and black pepper, stir a bit, put the lid on and set the timer for 3 months. Its boiled beef lumps with carrots, celery, onions, peppers, potatoes, and maybe a few other veggie items, cooked in a set it and forget it manner. Almost no one is excited about it after the first plate. Even if a few other meat items were added to the stew, thus turning it into a gumbo-like dish, it still wouldn’t be exciting beyond the first plate. Once one has enjoyed a real home cooked meal that takes effort, creativity, forethought, and love, a set it and forget it meal looks and taste like it was lazily made and lower quality. We’ve experience creativity and fun seasons. This ain’t it, and it takes more than just throwing together seasonal theme features.

I was super upset over valor nerf but playing ptr and trying valor with altar and new gems and honestly I find it more fun now. we lost overall power by like 3 gr pushes but i pushed a 120 gr much faster than I did on live so I will def be playing it again I find it more fun with ptr build. The other builds are still way way underperforming. Not sure if blizz wanted those builds to be actual options or competitive in any way but they going to need a more massive damage increase.

maras could have used a nerf for sure for dh but my god almost a 50% nerf to damage is waaaaaaaaay overkill like wtf blizz and imo impale is just a terrible design.

1 Like

That’s my question too, for a set that really hasn’t been played all that much over the the years finally got some loven, sure didn’t need that much of a nerf if any.

1 Like

I disagree and don’t see how this would be the case. They’ve had ample time prior to this to nerf it and if memory serves me well it wasn’t nerfed the last time the altar was in the seasonal theme or when the specialty gems were in the seasonal theme. If I am wrong folks can post links to the old patch notes and seasonal announcement articles. However, if as you say Maras needed a nerf and the justification is the combination of Altar, the specialty gems, and Visions of Enmity, then would such a severe nerf be warranted? I have my doubts. Maybe they are attempting to nudge us away from Maras or disincentivize game play with Maras on the PTR. Who thinks that this won’t go live as is or in some slightly lesser, kinder, gentler version of a heavy handed nerf? Even of the devs could justify the heavy handed nerf to Maras and back it up with stats/data, I see no changes/improvements to the other sets and complimentary legendaries not listed in the patch notes.

These changes are not permanent. At least i don’t think so. The theme is Soul Shards, which was the 2nd most OP theme. So i think with every retutning theme they must adjust the numbers. But ofc we shall see how they plan on going forward.

Season theme and altar would have just made it easier to clear 150 for them a bit of a nerf I could def see was required but not to that extent just look at ptr and where they are. Going from strongest build to that is sad. 10-20% with 20 being a high end test is justifiable. I’m not going off of previous patch notes just my personal opinion and seeing where they are from live to ptr. It’s a travesty

You might be correct Indian.