Feature Request : Transmog

I should imagine many people will die to uber mephisto, he’s meant to be uber, the clue is in the name.

1 Like

assuming you are using the acronym for attack rating wrong and actually mean all resist when you say ar, that caps at +45 on an exile. If you did mean 150 attack rating on shield it’s pointless because ar doesn’t work on smite and all res is much better. you can also go hoz for +50 all res.

1 Like

True, if you have like 95 lightning res… I also did it with a ~lvl70 smiter, it I had Tgods and at least 10 points in increased lightning res and 20 points in holy shield. Also I had an exile RW. Still, it wasn’t exactly a walk in the park.

You can have a smiter / hammadin though, that crushes Uber Tristram, even fighting all 3 bosses at once and smacks in PvP. That’s certainly not as easy to build as „put the remaining points into hammers“ :slight_smile:

1 Like

no transmog.
baaaaah… if you want another style…change your outfit… transmod bs

2 Likes

I meant all res. There is no all attackrating in D3, so i went with the shorthand from there. A few years in a different game show eventually.:wink:

Isnt there a base shield that gives you all resistances that you can combine with either gems or runewords?

Edit: Maybe i had this in the back of my head:

In theory, the maximum you can get is 133% Resist All. Just put 4*UMs in a 45% Resist All (from auto-mod) socketable paladin shield, and you’re set!

A cheaper alternative consists in using PDiamonds (19%) instead of UMs (22%). I once tried it, and got a 120% Resist All Paladin Shield (44% Sacred Targe with 4*PDiamonds).

But 4 UMs seem hardly budget enough. So 4 PDiamonds it should be then.

If my recollection is correct, the base shield damage and other values are not so important anyway, since you deal most of your damage with CB. So there is no shame in going all res.

defense is important as is +skills, also with exile you get life tap which is a huge bonus, yes you can do ubers with a 4p diamond but it’s going to be much slower and harder.

I don’t really get why people go with Exile instead of Zaka.

Cheaper, higher damage, higher res, higher block, a free socket and you can get Life Tap from Dracul’s or a Wand/Dagger :woman_shrugging:

VexOhmIst is not exactly a budget start. Sure, if you have the runes, you can use it. but until then, you can just use a life tab wand or something like draculs.

If you are dying from lightning damage, your main problem is clearly lightning damage, not the defense.
But yeah, covering both values with 1 item is obviously better.

“Invisible piece” is indeed a popular option, for example in Divinity Original Sin 2 you can hide your helmet with a checkbox.

In Diablo 3 there is an invisible dye (color) that you can apply on armor pieces.

I suppose its counts as a transmog, it would be the “invisible transmog”.

2 Likes

Agreed, appearance does matter. It matters that we see what your wearing, not some random transmog of a more visually appealing item that you acquired before.

Should they remaster Mario 64 and let you transmog to Luigi? It has no impact on gameplay or others, so why not? See how insane and arbitrary that sounds?

2 Likes

Weren’t you going to tell the guy that this is a duplicate thread? I mean that’s your job here on the forums, isn’t it?

Give this guy his transmogs so he can fully enjoy the 20h he will spend playing diablo 2 in his lifetime.

3 Likes

oh i agree it’s not very budget but i think a spirit shield would still be a more reasonable and budget friendly option than 4xpdia not saying 4xpdia isn’t viable but by the time your doing ubers you can usually afford a better setup. i get that light resist is important but usually the skill point allocation is a cheaper trade off than nerfing gear options for a 121 all res shield

I have 1000 hours on Diablo 3 for the record.
But yes, give me the transmog.

That explains all… :scream:

3 Likes

Yeah, I want transmog too.
I’d also like personal loot and pets, I want wings on my characters.

I’d also like charm inventory, and no immunities on monsters. I want a TP button instead of scrolls and ever increasing difficulty beyond Hell.

If that’s okay, I’d also like increase drop rates for the rarer runes because I don’t have a lot of time to play, and then if you can, I’d also like the weaker skills to be buffed so that they have more utility like D3 skills.

If you can’t give me any of these, I request a new realm where I can play with all of these wonderful new additions. Thank you.

But I don’t want to play D3. So don’t tell me to go play that game.

4 Likes

Nope. Just another thing thats not gonna happen. Stop asking for new stuff in an old game’s remaster. People like you do this in every single REMASTER. It’s not a new game. You aren’t getting xmog, rifts, paragon levels, new classes, new endgame, more acts. Just stop.
The sooner you and everyone like you understand and accept this the sooner the community can weed out the people who are trying to ruin and change the classic game.

3 Likes

Bravo Salve, this sums it up perfectly.

1 Like

This is such an invalid strawman argument.

Could you provide any link to a post where someone/anyone on the forum said that they wanted to remove immunities in their entirety?

Can you provide any link whatsoever to any post that wanted weak skills to be “buffed so that they have more utility like D3 skills”? Frankly, I do not even know what this means. Players have asked for underperforming skills to be buffed but buffed to have more utility than D3 skills???

It appears that your arguments are not based in actual facts and is just empty rhetoric, since the facts suggest a very different conclusion.

Transmogs are not some evil incarnate.

1 Like
3 Likes