Feature request: CoE displayed in Party Frames

First of all:
Sorry if it’s the wrong category. Feel free to move if there is a dedicated spot for it.

Seeing all TKs (WD / Nec) and Crus using convention of elements in the current 4s meta could you please add the players convention of elements buff to the player frame on the left site, same as f.e. ignore pain?
I would live to play barb but feel like it’s impossible without communication in teamspeak or discord (which is not always possible) or turbohud. And I don’t want to use that tool.
I assume that should be a realy easy thing to implement. Would be awesome if the development team could have a look into it.

On a site note:
Two other things that would be nice are
-(easy) NS Leaderboard reset, see NS Leaderboards - Why no reset? - #11 by dreadu-2211
-(oviously hard, but urgent) fixing the game freezes on the current windows version https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/main-thread-windows-19041-freezing-for-5-10-seconds

Kind regards

None of those are bugs. Read the sticky note at the top. Feedback is not a bug.

You can move this thread yourself. Feedback and suggestions should be posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moving Threads

1. Click the pencil icon next to the title of your thread. (See image below).

1. Click the "Category" field to bring up a list of D3 Forums. (See image below).

1. Find the proper Forum and select it.
  2. Save your edit.
This will move your thread to the selected Forum, including all replies.
2 Likes

I’d like to argue with that.
Things That Are NOT Bugs says nothing about feeback, but Perusoe was kind enough to help. But I changed it to general discussion.
[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds imo is a serve bug / technical problem that should be fixed. After not beeing able to pospone my windows updates any longer, I had to alter my local policies to not lose my gamesound.

At the top of the Bug Report forum there’s a Blizzard stickied thread…
How to Write a Good Bug Report and that says…

Feedback is NOT a bug . Anything related to feedback, class balance, boss suggestions, etc. belongs in another forum.

Finally, please only discuss bugs within the threads. Avoid off topic discussions or other things not related to the bug in the thread. Don’t use bug report threads as a platform for discussing game balance, design, or to provide feedback or other subjective opinions about the game.

Let me put it like this:
I did not intend to report a bug, that’s why I only read Things That Are NOT Bugs but not the How to Write a Good Bug Report part. I changed it after Perusoes constructive post.
So does anybody have anything to say on topic?

I would love to see CoE player buff added to the party frame (as for example ignore pain or serenity already is displayed) to get rid of on of turbo huds advantages compared to stock d3. I would like to play barb in 4s but don’t do it, because I think I can’t do so without either ts3 / discord or turbohud. It’s no problem with friends, but finding a random group via communities that actually uses voice com is pretty rare.
I think that should be a easy addition because the mechanism to display buffs already exists and one only buff needs to be added.

I suspect the main issue would be the tiny size if the character frame buff icons. Stuff like Ignore Pain is simple, i.e. do you have the icon there or not. CoE’s buff cycles through 3-5 elements (depending on class) and trying to squint at such a tiny icon and trying to see what colour it is, to determine which element it’s on, isn’t going to be easy. It’d probably need new UI elements to show it as a much larger icon to see if you’re synch’d up or not.

Just show the current element, no need to show all elements since they are always in the same rotation. If you don’t know the rotation, you’ll have to learn it.

I thought of something along the lines of:
if a player does have CoE equipped, just display one icon permanently next to his portrait. Like IP- just that it stays there constantly as long as the item is equipped.
It will change color (and display the remaining cooldown in clockwise motion like the others) depending on the current cycle and like Kikaha said, you have to know the rotation to know whats next. Same way as you check it in your own buff bar as dps.
I actually don’t care if it would be hard to see. I just want to be able to see it at all. As of now I have to decline all >140 nec grps searching for a barb, because I can’t stun at the correct time :frowning:

Bit off-topic:
I’d like to see something similar to weakauras in WoW in D4, so you could add the buffs to custom lists yourself. D3s default buffbar has so much stuff I am not interested in most of the times.

But bigger changes will imo only happen, if so, in D4. For now a small icon with current, existing features would be more than enough for me.

Whose current element? Whilst most of the classes have a rotation of four elements, Monks have five and Necromancers have three. So, just the element of the area damager? Just the element of the RGK?

that would be nice. you could put the coe icon in the buff row by the character portraits.

It’s shown on the portait of every player, so the element of that particular player.