Fastest Wizard Build?

What would be the absolute fastest LOW level build for wizard for farming the Staff of Herding parts? These can be done on Normal difficulty so toughness is not an issue.

Would a bounty version of typhon hydra be the fastest wizard build?

Cheers

If we’re talking about normal difficulty, then I’d go with firebird as you don’t need much besides the set and maybe the hergbrash belt. Disintegrate alone should be able to kill most of the things you encounter.

Typhon would be faster as you won’t need to stop to fight anything, just drop hydras on the run to deal with anything in your way. I like to use lightning rune as it’s got better range and accuracy.

Any build where you can fit Aether Walker + Cosmic Strand + Obsidian Ring + Calamity rune. And have no other cooldowns in the build.

Aether Walker makes Obsidian Ring cost Arcane Power, Calamity rune does damage, so that combo procs Obsidian Ring. Since Teleport is your only cooldown, it actually cancels the 0.5 second cooldown on teleport you’d normally get with Aether Walker.

Then Cosmic Strand is there so you still get the Wormhole rune.

With this combo, you can chain some very fast teleports together any time there are enemies around (to hit to proc Obsidian ring).

Now THIS is podracing: https://youtu.be/YbUQ6n87WpI?t=1900

6 Likes

Yep, that actually made me dizzy.

I should add, if you’re going to run on Normal, you can just stick in an LoD gem and kill stuff with Teleport: Calamity too. You don’t need to make a full 6p set build if you don’t want to! It doesn’t take much to kill stuff on Normal. Just go for pure speed!

But yeah, as everyone who isn’t a crazy speedrunner has said, if you actually want to still play a proper build, Typhon Hydra is probably the way to go.

The video you linked contains these items is that right? Is this a hydra bounty farming build?

There’s also the option to slap together stuff that doesn’t even need Teleport. I mean, on normal you could use the movement speed node from the altar, paragon move speed, Krelm belt and Boon of the Hoarder + Avarice Band for a nice +100% movespeed version. Just look that you have thick enough shields and Illusionary Boots and use Ice Armor Frozen Storm. Then there’s the bracer that adds movespeed when you destroy something and you could add Wreath of Lightning gem on top… should do for quite the fast run-through experience. Likely won’t outmatch Teleport, but it’s still sick.

Not even close. maybe like 1/4 to 1/3 of the speed to get from point A to point B.

And the thing is, you’d still want teleport to cover gaps. And to trigger the movement speed from Illusionist (I mean, I guess you could use Mirror Images instead, but that sounds pretty clunky).

So then you realize you can fit all that movement speed stuff AND all the teleport stuff.

And you just do a hybrid setup where you teleport most of the time and run a few spots where it’s awkward to teleport. Plus those couple steps between teleports when you don’t have enemies around for Obsidian Ring resets. Which is what I typically do during Sprinter runs.

Kinda yeah, but adapted to maximum teleporting speed.

I think I show all my gear and skills right at the end of the video. There should be a timestamp for it.

1 Like

Since all you really need, that is hard to get, is the Gem, any build. If the Caverns of Frost don’t spawn at the waypoint (not directly, but nearby) then just reload the game. You’ll probably be doing something similar anyway, just to get the CoF to appear.

One of Icefall Caves or Caverns of Frost always spawns. They have 6 fixed spawn locations.

You just quickly check those spawn locations, and if you find an Icefall Caves (or it spawns as a bounty), leave. If there’s an Icefall Caves, you know there can’t be a Caverns of Frost. If there isn’t an Icefall Caves, then Caverns of Frost will be at one of those 6 spawn locations (because one of the two is always on the map, no more, no less).

2 Likes

Yes there is thanks a lot!