Farming For Goblins/Pet Drops

Don’t know if I have the right form, but here goes.

Are there Rainbow Goblins and Menagerist Goblins around anymore? If so, where can I find/farm them? Do I have to be in Campaign Mode or Adventure Mode? If Adventure Mode, do I find them in Bounties or Rifts? Nephalem Rifts or Greater Rifts? And how do I find the Falcon Wings and Cosmic Wings? What difficulty level do I need to be on to do so?

I know these are alot of questions, but I’ve decided I wanted to find the pets and the wings. All answers will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You to all who answers!

1. Yes, Rainbow Goblins and Menagerist Goblins are still around.
  2. You can find Menagerists in Normal Rifts and Bounties in Adventure Mode. Rainbow Goblins only appear in Adventure Mode in Bounties.
  3. Falcon Wings come from a Mysterious Chest in the Gardens of Hope Level 1 in Act 4. You can find them in either Adventure Mode or Campaign. I recommend Adventure Mode because it takes no extra effort to repeatedly restart the game to re-search the zone for the chest. It is somewhat rare, so you may have to spend several hours or even days to find it.
    Cosmic Wings come only from the zone that comes from Rainbow Goblins. A super rare spawn inside called Princess Lillian will drop them. But she is really really rare and it could take months to find her. Or you could get lucky and find her on your very first portal because its so random. But for most, it’ll take some time.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Sorry, I misspoke about where to find Rainbow Goblins. Yes you can find them in zones that have bounties but you can also find them in zones that don’t have active bounties.

I have a suggestion though. Farming for Rainbow Goblins just for the Wings can be really frustrating if you spend weeks or months doing so only for Princess Lillian not to spawn.

I wouldn’t exactly farm for the Cosmic Wings. What I would do, and what I did to get them, is to kill Rainbow Goblins when you find them while running bounties or looking for other things in the game like the white transmog that were added a few patches back. Check out those portals and maybe she’ll be there. Farming for the Goblins and not getting results usually leads to people coming back to the forums to complain that they’re too rare.

Just wanted to add that.

1 Like

Does makes sense, you know what they say, you find the things you are looking for if you are not looking for them LOL

I find the most goblins while runnin the cathedral zones. Also in act 5 pandamonium fortress lvl 1 and 2. If gablins spawn on either level there will be 2 of them so if you find 1 keep going there will be a second one on the same level. There are some goblin farming rout videos. Goblins are random and can spawn in any level of the game. Cosmic wings took me a little over 2 years to get but I never went out of my way to farm goblins.

1 Like

Menagerist goblins don’t spawn in rifts. Only in non-rift areas in Adventure Mode. There’s a wiki site that says they can spawn rarely in rifts, but it’s wrong.

1 Like

This could be true. I mean, because some rifts are based on the same zones on bounties if a person is running both off and on during the day, it can get confusing on where a person found a goblin when they look back on it.

So yeah, on the safe side it might be best for him just to stick to outside of Rifts to Goblin hunt.

Note: More than one Rainbow Goblin can spawn in a single game; but, only the first one encountered will open a Portal to Whimsydale. If you encounter a Rainbow Goblin, run Whimsydale and then “Leave Game” and start again.

Goblin Farming Guide

5 Likes

Act I, Cave of the Moon Clan
Act1, Leorics Passage, btwn lvl 1 and lvl 2 of Cathedral.
Act 1, Royal Crypts, sometimes.
Act II, Sewers of Caldeum. Go to port leading to Belial and take entrance next to it.
Act II, ANcient waterways, east and west, both levels.
Act II, Singing Winds, sometimes.
Act III, Bridge of Korsik, Caverns of Frost, both levels. NOT Icefall Caves.
Act III, the cave to Azmodan (forget the name).

3 Likes

These days I’ve been playing Demon Hunters exclusively. Because of this, I’ve been following Beastman’s Demon Hunter Unholy Essence SSF all content gameplay thread.

@Beastman includes a nice little Goblin Farming video for those interested.

2 Likes

Sorry it took me a few days to give you all a delayed reply. My PC was down and needed to be repaired. Now that it is, I shall reply.

Thank you all for your answers/suggestions. If there are any more for me to try, please feel free to leave them. The more info I have, the better.

Thx again!