Explosive blast removed from DMO

Hi,
DMO set no longer has a synergy for explosive blast, is this intended? was looking forward to dmo explosive blast with primus on for some chill farming.

2 Likes

Sadly, it appears so, or at least it’s been like that since the ptr. Honestly I do find it a shame.

1 Like

The silly part to me is I was assuming it was removed because of the 2p spawning bubbles based on where your mouse cursor was (that’s how it worked on PTR), and Explosive Blast wasn’t a targetted ability and so there was some sort of incompatibility there. And then they figured they should keep the skills on the 2p and 6p the same so they removed it form the 6p too.

Except… for the live patch they changed the 2p mechanics to spawn a bubble when the skill hits an enemy. So it could still work with Explosive Blast now. But then they never added it back on :frowning:

It’s even sillier when you factor in Crown of the Primus, there’s a pretty natural synergy there with Explosive Blast constantly going off into a bubble that’s following you around.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Exactly, was really looking forward to this synergy. At first I had hoped that we had infinite teleports with primus as you are always inside the bubble, but the wording of the set says inside bubles generated by this set or cast by you. Oh well, might have been OP. But i don’t get why EB cant work with DMO at all.

2 Likes

Sadly with this update, the only set that explosive blast can be used offensively with is Tal-Rasha, and even then it wouldn’t do much in comparison to meteors. I guess at the time of the ptr, they had intended to replace explosive blast with meteor, since during the ptr meteor was actually a part of the dmo set and as TinneOnnMuin mentioned, explosive blast isn’t a targeting type ability so there probably would’ve been some confliction with dmo’s mechanic.

However with meteor removed and the changes made to the dmo’s 2 piece mechanic, it would’ve been the best time to put explosive blast back into the set, since even in terms of damage, it’s not anywhere near some of the other abilities as it lacks the amount of support legendary items that some of the other skills have.

There’s also Firebird explosive blast which puts EB into the unique position as the skill with its strongest multiplier (Woh) being worthless for its strongest build.

1 Like

Yep looks like the dev(s) was having an internal struggle with what they wanted DMO bubbles to synergize with while not invalidating other set themes and EB got caught on the wrong side of that.

Since Tal’s is Meteor based now and Firebird has required Disintegrate for awhile now EB really got left in the cold which is a shame because we’d still want it for lower speeds and T16 because after the season is done, FB goes back to Spectral Blades which isn’t really that fast for T16 and Tal’s Meteor is a bit overboard for it although obviously a good option with Aether Walker which I’m currently using.

This really just leaves Typhon’s which alright that’s cool I guess, but EB would be faster as we wouldn’t have to worry about target firing anything. Just run into everything and blast which really it’s about the only skill we have that accomplishes that monk/dh/crus like fluidity.

You know I’ve been thinking about your Primus argument with that bubble working with DMO 2pc and maybe that wouldn’t be so OP. You still would have to cast your skills and everything that does any amount of high damage requires multiple casts so it’s probably fine but EB would be the absolute perfect skill for that gimmick because you wouldn’t have to set up anything. You’d just fly and blast.

Make it so!