Expanding The Meta - Trash Killers Post-Bazooka

I’d love to see Ball Lightning be trash killer but unless you can run it point blank (which goes against the way most DH builds play) it won’t do enough damage. You have a better chance at making it an RGK build by making Elemental Arrow do X000% more damage against the first enemy it hits.

I also want to see FotH be a trash killer skill but instead we got a HF set with undercooked FotH damage so that’s shot down too.

For Witch Doctor, I wanna see Toads make a comeback… make rhen’ho flayer great again!

I guarantee you there will be just 1 build people will copy in all leaderboards .) It has always been this way and will ever be. Even if it is slightly better than another, 99% of people will use it.

Not everyone wants to play that class though, that’s the point actually having options. When Wizard does 10x more trash killing damage than any other class it’s not an option, it’s mandatory. Wizard doing 20% more damage = oh we don’t have one? It’s fine grab another class and let’s go!

I personally would like to hear Your thoughts on Rob2628’s suggestion - 2h Rend Barb with Squirt’s Neck and M-Reaver:

Diablo 3 has never had various trash killers balanced at 10-20% between eachother. So no, I don’t buy that. Trash killer outliers have always been way out of bounds when they crop up.

Speed 120’s are just a speed XP farming meta, similar to Rats. You wouldn’t be taking Rats as a trash clearer into a 140, for example. Same deal with Rend.

The key to make at least one build per class avaible for trashkilling is enabling BIG DMG and at the same time, being very very soft. This way you need supports to play on high GRs and disable the posibility of being too much powerfull on solo.

Can the LoD Captain America be a candidate. Once density is built, the shield richochet stacks can skyrocket. With sufficient attack speeds, ~ 80 stacks or more should be possible.

Maybe my idea is dumb, but density really brought out the best in this build whenever I played.

1 Like

Well they nerfed hammerdin to non existence cause they listen to the cry babies that it was too op. We asked the stacks to be 40-60 but in the end it got 10 stacks.

And now they’re repeating the same mistake again by nerfing shotgun as rgk to max stack of 20.

Blizz doesn’t like sader at all.

1 Like

I think it’s easier to balance RGK builds than trash killers. I mean if you fix Blighter, Thorns Necro is actually pretty balanced with DH and Crusader and Lancer Necros.

Right now RGK balance is also out of whack. Just saying anything’s possible with the right tweaks.

Blizzard has just never really deliberately tried to balance multiple classes for the same roles.

The problem with EQ MOTE as 140+ trash killer is You have to stack them EQ’s to build up some damage. Slow buildup and low mobility.

Mechanically SS is the most convenient skill for clearing maps , as it is instant, has large AOE and works with Area Damage. Currently it’s weak. Needs more damage% and(or) 10 enemiy Cap removed.

Earthquake would need a damage buff to be trash clearer. Such as more damage plus reduced total duration, or a combination of various other factors.

Right now, though, Seismic Slam possesses a lot more damage than EQ, I can tell you that much.

I guess you haven’t seen necro bone spirit build yet. It can one shot RG on a 150 (less than 2 mins of setup) … with power less than a min. Isn’t that op too?

Search bone spirit rgk on youtube

1 Like

Under 1 min with power is also doable with other builds though. Crusader can do that too.

But yes you are right, that is an outlier.

does it rely on area damage ?

im no expert on crusaders since I didnt play one pretty much since Season2, but I think this one wouldnt really work that well cuz far as my memory goes, its a projectile hitting multiple single targets, rather than area. Meaning that even if the damage is on par with the other spells other classes have, clearing effect is nowhere close.

But I might be wrong :wink:

1 Like

For Witchdoctor they need to do something about the locust/haunt requirements, these makes the game lag too much, very bad in SC to the state of unplayable in 4man HC.
Apart from firebat and spiritbarrage, there are a few skills to expand on with new sets where Acid cloud would be my favourite.

As far as I know, it does proc Area Damage. That can get crazy useful.

Well, 10 stacks is highly achievable in solo play, but 20-30 stacks was arguably more difficult to pull off.

No, what matters is the stack value, which they have raised over the years. That said, we’ll never see a hammerdin trashkiller, only because it creates an insane amount of lag.

I really like all the thoughts about this thread. The META needs to be expanded, a lot. All class should have place in the 4 man push, even if one comp will always remain better.

I will give my thoughts about the class I played a lot, I don’t feel able to suggest some builds I don’t really know.

Virtually, a lot of builds could take the place, but they need balancing/tweak on various legendaries. Since the next patch will bring to other set, I don’t really think they will rebalance and tweak a lot of them.

DH
It’s really urgent to make the DH come again in the META. RN, only shadow mantle seems viable as Elite/RGK killer. (Viable, not really, since other do the job much better)

• Sentry build could work, with cluster arrow and the grenade belt.
  • Personally, i would love to see a pure RoV build. It has a large AoE, the skill looks powerful, but it’s not the case.
  • Chakram, deep in the abyss actually. Spammable with the Quiver, could be interesting to bring this back.
  • I really liked the Elemental Arrow build, but as someone said in the discussion, the multipliers are bad actually.
  • I know it’s not a TK, but Hungering Arrow could bring the DH as a good RGK, pure vanilla nostalgia here.

Wizz

• The idea of a SP without Archon interaction is cool, I enjoyed playing it actually. Was requiring some skill.
  • You talked about Twister, this thing could also come back.
  • I feel next set would focus about Hydra, since the Hydra buff was asked by a lot of player. I already see a Mammoth Hydra TK personally.

I was playing WD early RoS/Vanilla, Acid Cloud/Zombie Charge/Spirit bomb are really unappreciated. They were really cool to play, and are hardly usable.

Well, all this conclude to one point, about the global flow about DIII META evolution:

• All balancing new patch bring some insane multipliers about one build, forcing you using it for aiming ladder
  • Same consequence with 4 man META
  • Most important, old builds were never tweaked to maintain them in the META. This, IMO, killed the build diversity. Kinda sad when you see it was all about tweaking multipliers.
1 Like

Leap Quake is pure joy to play. I would love this too.

Would be great to have M6 MS - just blasting screenful of mobs… - but would have to rework the 6pc to have the 12k bonus applied to sentries, not just player.