Excited for WW Barbs once again

Since console players are stuck to posting in console only section, im stuck creating a Barb related thread in the console section.

First thing… Great job to the Barb community for having constructive feedback and suggestions despite getting ignored or nerfed over the years.

Im still not plowing through 4 man GR120s with my WW barb yet but thats another topic lmao…

Anyways… So Rend is getting buffed and now Ambos is going to be applying the Rend dmage over 1 second. Nice… Im assuming that despite applying the damage over 1 second, that Rend will still be a DoT right???

If thats the case then a 2h would do the most damage for the Rend part of the build, while BK Swords would do more of the WW damage due to it being an AoE. Is there gonna be once again be a 2h WW variant like the old days???

I know its too early to tell just now since PTR hasnt dropped but hopefully u guys look into this when PTR drops… This is probably a question Free would know more about.

I would go as far as to say that the damage of rend will still be calulated as a DoT, but applied over 1 sec instead of it normal full duration.

DoTs do not technically crit, but do factor in crit chance and damage in addition to weapon damage and attack speed to formulate an average damage.

DoTs dont factor in attack speed and why 2h is used for DoT builds. DoT attacks take the weapon damage from our main hand and spread it out over time so the higher the weapon damage the bigger the attack.

Whats unique about finally making Rend usable now is having a DoT damage from Rend and an AoE damage fron WW. 2 completely different damage mechanics working together.

Thats why LQ barb uses a Blade of Tribes. The biggest damage is coming from EQ which is a DoT. Even if u make BoT a 1h sword and allowed us use another sword to dual wield, it would be much weaker despite the extra emerald and stats.

All channeled abilities and DoTs have a hard to see “tick rate”. This is basically how many times damage is applied for the spell. This is broken up in to frames per second (its also how its determined). Now Attack Speed will decrease the duration of the ability, but can only work with certain intervals for tick rates (called break points). Since you can’t have a partial frame (locked at 60 fps), these get rounded up to the aforementioned break points.

Not all abilities follow this pattern. Some abilities have fixed tick rates. The fixed tick rate abilities seem to apply damage at set intervals and round up the cumulative damage and displays it every 0.8 seconds. So in this case, the attack speed doesn’t change the intervals of the damage floater, but it DOES increase the tick rate (that you can’t even see), ultimately leading to the fixed rate have higher numbers, despite attack speed not actually increasing X-Y damage.

Confused? Here’s more. There are also abilities that don’t follow either of the above two, but actually have seemingly random intervals for tick rates, but only display the damage in cumulative of frames (ie after hitting a 30 frame mark). So you can have a tick 4 frames later, 6 frames later, or whatever rng decides. Then once that counter hits the 30 frame mark, it displays the damage. That 30 frame mark is affected by attack speed on how many cumulative frames are needed before the damage is displayed.

1 Like

ExisFohdr

holy crap you talk like only I can understand what my previous mate is speaking. Seriously I miss her in D3 sadly she move on to other games. Really miss her technical details on D3 at times.

I still suspect her on her incredible knowledge about technical stuffs. Like in resident evil I always remember when she co op with me on Mercs.

On yr 4 o clock in 5 seconds from now kill those zombies there so we can maintain streak.

10seconds executional spawn you want to handle it or me

seriously hearing her speak gives me goose bumps at times.

Attack speed can affect your damage with DoTs, but the damage increase from using a 2h weapon will outweigh most attack speed increases.

Been a long time coming for barbarians, can’t wait to try out my IK HOTA build again

Whoa i just got schooled lol. But even i didnt know that info and glad u took the time to post it.

But looks like there is a 2h variant according to ptr. 4ik w/Boulder Breaker/6wotw.