European Maintenance

Not sure where this belongs actually but anyway…

The euro server is showing maintenance on Thursday 28th 1800 - 0800 CET.

Is this correct? Is it really going to be offline for 14 hours?

“apologies if this is post in the wrong place”

Could be. These are also estimates, so it may not be down for the entire 14 hours. But is not being able to play for half a day really that big of a deal anyways? Get some fresh air or just play another game?

1 Like

It’s confirmed on the official EU maintenance schedule, yeah…
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/21898767

Diablo III - 28/01/2021, 18:00 - 29/01/2021, 08:00 - Game unavailable during this time.

So, we’ll need to find something else to do on Thursday night.
You could always roll heroes on the US region if you’re that desperate.

1 Like

It’s fine to ask here i think but could also try asking on the official EU Forums for EU related topics:

Posting anything on the EU General Discussion forum if you want an official response is pretty futile. The last time we had a blue post there was in August 2020, i.e. six months ago. Heck, we’ve still got a stickied thread for the start of Season 21, and they didn’t even post about the start of Season 22. It’s literally a ghost town for blue stuff. A quick look at the Blizz Tracker shows that since the new forums went live over 18 months ago they’ve posted just 12 times in total.

Giving this advice is about as useful as telling someone to yell into the void.

3 Likes

Even the us forum seems quite dead.
Barely any blue posts or interaction with forum users.

Us forums have been dead for years now. Might as well be discontinued…

Well, Blizzard feels the forums are for players to talk to other players. Not for them (Blizz) to be the center of attention. They have posted in the past, that when Community Managers jump in, it tends to derail threads away from the organic player discussion.

That said, yes, more posts would be nice. This forum is not more “dead” than any other main Blizz forum though. The only ones that get a lot of posts are the Support forums where the Forum Support Agents are - who have nothing to do with game dev, bug fixes, etc.

We, players, have been discussing since before release.
The last few years it seems and feels like, it doesn’t matter.
I get it, maintenance mode, nothing nice anymore for D3. Not even QoL things.
Not even mid season buffs anymore…

Just some powertweaks each season…

They let the game die (even further)…

Such a shame.

The Battlenet splash for this scheduled maintenance disappeared and it’s no longer on the support page so I guess they cancelled it.

2 Likes