EU Seeker of Light Question

I noticed that the top finish on EU servers with the Seeker of Light armor set is using Rapid Descent rune on his Falling Sword.

Kikaha, dmkt, or others who might have an answer, what in that guy’s build is generating the blind, stun, or immobilize that procs the Hammer Jammers effect?

Thanks,

It’s usually this belt…

Sacred Harness

Judgment gains the effect of the Debilitate rune and is cast at your landing location when casting Falling Sword. (Crusader Only)

Judgement

Pass judgment on all enemies within 20 yards of the targeted location, Immobilizing them in place for 6 seconds.

Debilitate

Enemies in the judged area deal 40% reduced damage for 6 seconds.

Well, if you had checked the clear in question you would have noticed the player doesn’t have the belt, nor does he have judgement on his skill bar.

Harnor => If I had to guess, either he doesn’t proc it because it’s only a 115 clear so kinda whatever (unlikely), or he relies on his follower with a cord of sherma to blind the mobs (very likely).

1 Like

Thanks, Kikaha. I bet you are right about the Sherma belt. I was looking at the EU ns clear, however, just fyi. That one is GR130+ which is why it specifically caught my attention.

The Seeker Build guide on Max Roll doesn’t provide enough detail about Hammer Jammer/Falling Sword mechanics. So I will try to provide the info here.

On the surface, it appears MaxRoll’s build guide offers no way apply Hammer Jammers, but this is false.

Hammer Jammers is procced by Falling Sword itself, regardless of the rune selected. Falling Sword has a built in stun AND knockback effect. As long as Falling Sword hits the target, the Hammer Jammer debuff will be applied. Use any Falling Sword rune that you’d like.

I choose Flurry, why? Because the rotating swords persist after casting Falling Sword, which means that any trash that was not hit in Falling Sword’s 14 yard radius has a chance to walk into those rotating swords and get the Hammer Jammer debuff, so you’ll likely apply Hammer Jammers to more mobs with fewer Falling Sword leaps.

The flurry swords do not work on elites, only trash, so ALWAYS make sure you cast Falling Sword on the elite.

Part the Clouds is viable too, but the stun only hits 5 targets, like 1 per second, so it’s not going to do a good job in thick density.

To further ensure the Hammer Jammers, I also took Iron Skin:Charged Up, which pretty much guarantees everything near me will be debuffed. This is overboard, you might miss an oculus ring – but you won’t ever miss a Hammer Jammers proc.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this explanation. Of course, this does open a new pandora’s box as to why Blizzard never [insert a favorite curse word here] bothered providing this clarification re Falling Sword…like, in the skill description tooltip, for example.

But, oh well. Thanks again, dmkt. This is an invaluable bit of knowledge to have.

1 Like

Cord of Sherma on follower, based on my tests, does not proc Hammer Jammers. The CC effects have to be cast by ourselves to proc Hammer Jammers.

Edit: After I did the test I went on to clear 130 with 2 keys. :rofl:

2 Likes

You got some very nice gear HK. I got inspired, dumped some augments and did some clears too, 127, 128, 129, 130 and 131. The latter took about 15-18 keys. GR132 will be fishy, probably 100 keys.

2 Likes

Nice. I don’t really push NS anymore since I spend more time in seasons but it’s fun to get on some of the new set leaderboards.

1 Like