Essence of Anguish's "Brittle" debuff bug

Hi

My Monk doesn’t deal Poison whatsoever, its a not a class elemental damage, yet “something” is triggering the Essence of Anguish to give me the Brittle debuff and making me killable in no time.

Can’t someone explain this to me?
I’ve checked everything on my gear and my followers, just to be sure.
Nothing in there has poison damage and both my weapons are actually in the Lightning Damage version, shear luck there also.

Thanks in advanced btw

Does the Essence of Anguish have “Killing an enemy deals the damage done by the death blow to all enemies within 25 yards” ?

If so, that’s your Poison damage source.

See Diablo 3 Season 30 Soul Shards Explained - Maxroll.gg “Explosion on Kill” section.

5 Likes

And why isn’t it explained as “deals X amount of damage as Poison”?

The must logical non-explained way of doing damage of an explosion is either Fire or most likely Physical as per logic of a deathblow.
Blizzard makes so many tooltips everywhere saying the elemental damage that a skill makes so that we know it, in this case, they simply refrained from explaining something so much needed…

I don’t know; I’m a player, not Blizzard staff.

If you want to discuss that, you can do so but not here. Use the General Discussion forum as suggested in:

4 Likes

Well don’t the explosions look like poison? Anyways if you see the buff icon from the Anguish shard it should be good enough to tell you that the shard is working.
I don’t play monk but my wizard and demon hunter builds do quite well with the Anguish shard’s increased damage taken even with Squirt’s necklace that also increases damage taken. Hope you’ll get your problems solved.

Maybe check maxroll’s build guide.

https://maxroll.gg/d3/guides/patterns-of-justice-tempest-rush-monk-guide