Error 395002 (PTR) (v2)

As my previous thread was closed in “Technical Forums” without any real help, I’m cheekily re-posting word-for-word because I cannot play a game I bought, with my friend, due to an error that has been occurring to myself and MANY others for over 2 days. Here you go:

Cannot retrieve Hero List error code (title).

• Restarted app 3 times
  • Ran repair tool
  • Restarted PC
  • CAN log into regular D3 but NOT PTR

(Edit 1)

• Tried a VPN just in case - No change
  • Friend next to me in same room, on same Wi-Fi can log into PTR just fine

(Edit 2)

• Uninstalled entire PTR/Re-installed. Still get same error code.

(Edit 3)

• Deleted battle.net folder in program files then re-installed that way. No change.

(Edit 4)

• Tried “force” logging-in by writing in my info twenty times in a row. No luck.

Still get error code. This occurred in the last ten minutes. Nothing seems to fix it. Anybody else?

1 Like

I have the same error. I started to think the PTR is down

It’s definitely not down. My friend, who sits only ten feet away from me, using the same Wi-Fi is playing the PTR just fine.

As a quick test, get your friend to log into Battlenet / PTR on your PC, and you log in on their PC. If the issue follows your account, rather than stays with the PC it plays on, then it’s something server-side.

LOL well tell your friend not to log out for anything

1 Like

I’ve tried logging onto the same account on three different computers one of which had a fresh patched install of windows 10 with no other software, not even an antivirus, installed same result. 395002 every time. The only exception is when they reboot the servers and I get one chance to enter the game which hangs. It’s the account on the server that’s borked not the client.

I logged in to the PTR early this morning and played a short session. The latency was getting so bad I decided to quit and wait a couple of hours. (This is the first time since PTR 2.6.10 started that I’ve had connection issues).

When I started a PTR game a couple of hours later. I ran into this:

It’s been this way for over four hours now. I tried a Scan & Repair for my PTR installation files. But, received the message they didn’t need repair.

I can run a game on the Live server without issues. This is only happening on the PTR.

2 Likes

Ive had this for 5 days. Since many others can get in, I just have checked 3-4 times a day waiting for it to be fixed as I submited a ticket and they said my account should be able to play no problem and it was on my side. Scan/repair did nothing as well as fully reinstalling PTR didnt help either.

last time happened this we had to wait till server was reseted.

We need a reset of server to fix the problem while no reset all ppl bugged when teiying to log a game with a char wont be able to log again

1 Like

Resetting the server doesn’t fix it for a lot of people. I’m on my second weekend with this problem.

If it takes that long for some of you then I’m going to just un-install this crap and move on with my life.

I have the same issue. My son in the next room is on PTR just fine. I have also rebooted, uninstalled both PTR and Battle.net and reinstalled both. Apparently our hero files are borked, but there’s no way for us to restart.

Had the error all day, friend of mine is playing just fine. Would be nice to get some blue feedback on what to do. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game, battle.net client, ran the repair tool, etc.

1 Like

Seems to me once your broke, its broke for good. I was able to play my WD the first couple days fine logging in and out like 15 times no problem. Then I tried to log in my crusader after playing the WD one day and ive been locked out ever since with 395002.

when u stucked in that error u cant fix it. it does not matter u reinstall u try other comepers or whatever u do.

Just blizzard can fix it. If they reset the server ( this messages sometimes apear when u play : server is goint to resstarrt in 10 min)

then all stucked chars can log again

what i think is due lag problems Blizzard is confortable with half ppl testing and thats the reason they don fix it , when they fix it more ppl is loggin in and more problems of lag are showed!!!

It takes a considerable amount of effort to restart the servers, however, I believe to fix this problem, the servers must be reset. This has happened to me once before and I went through pretty much the same thing the poster did to try and fix it. I gave up the last time, and was able to log on the following day and get my characters.

It isn’t client side, that much has been determined since attempting to do the same thing on another computer has ended with the same results.

Mr. Wizard … see what I did there? Blizzard, wizard … bah, whadda ya know? Reset the authentication servers please.

I believe it is failing when the json script, used to pull heroes list, is not able to establish connection to the database. Since the script is universal, this would indicate that the zone, or authenticating host lost its ability to communicate to the database.

I was able to play as late as 9PM EST. Unfortunately since 8AM, I cannot log into the PTR without getting the same error as others here. I am also able to log into LIVE.

There was an error loading the hero, Please try again. (Code 395002)

Same as everyone else “There was an error loading the hero, Please try again. (Code 395002)”

it has been a little over 24 hours for me now…please fix this blizz

same for me :confused: error code 395002
Can log into live just fine